View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Error with TWGS 
Commander

Unread post 
Will do.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:32 pm
Commander

Unread post 
You want me to send to you directly Sing?

--

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post 
Eh, just post it?

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Ok, after further examination, I had discovered 6 games that were also corrupt. Aliens were no longer present, players could not log in, and they were not listed in the StarDock. So I rebanged the 6 games in question (R, S, W, X, Y, Z) and apologize to those in those games at the time.

I have run both virus and anti-spyware, and have neither a virus or spyware on the system. It seems that this problem had come about after loading the video driver for my Radeon 9200, which I run my TV as the secondary.

I still believe it has to do with running dual profiles. If I stay in the profile running the TWGS, it has no issues. If I switch then come back, the error is there. I have contacted ATI and passed on our findings to them to see if there is a fix. The tech I spoke to also believes it's the older driver that is causing the issue, and that something is not quite right when going from one profile to the other.

In any event, I am able to work around the error. Since my site is automated as far as scores, logs, rebangs, posts, etc., the ScoreKeeper can shut down the TWGS, restart it, rebang games, with or without this error.

--

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:34 pm
Lance Corporal

Unread post 
It appears that this is happening when Gold Aliens are enabled in the game.  It also has nothing to do with minimizing it to the systray - I left the application running on the desktop and got the error coming up.
Im not running dual monitor - this is a vanilla Win2k server.
Has anyone else seen this problem?  I've restarted the system many times, banged new games many times and am at my wits end...

help...

Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
That is the problem when a game isn't being updated support goes out the window.  Its a shame you can only get support from other users especially when its still being sold.  It should be given out free now instead of trying to milk it to the end,

Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Unread post 
Lonewolf68 wrote:
<FONT style=": #333333">It appears that this is happening when Gold Aliens are enabled in the game.  It also has nothing to do with minimizing it to the systray - I left the application running on the desktop and got the error coming up.
Im not running dual monitor - this is a vanilla Win2k server.
Has anyone else seen this problem?  I've restarted the system many times, banged new games many times and am at my wits end...

help...

After seeing your post, I checked the TradeWars Academy OCS TWGS and there is no error. As soon as I add a game with Gold Aliens, the error appeared. Ours however will produce the error if I minimize to the tray and try to restore it. So I am not 100% certain now if the dual monitor/dual profile is the issue or not. I can't see it being the profile, as this is how I have run the server for years.

I guess I will just have to work around the error now.

--

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:49 am
Commander

Unread post 
River Rat wrote:
That is the problem when a game isn't being updated support goes out the window.  Its a shame you can only get support from other users especially when its still being sold.  It should be given out free now instead of trying to milk it to the end,

It would be nice to know if there is a database of errors that have come up with the TWGS and what the solutions are. I would be very happy to create a section in the TradeWars Academy site for SysOps to access this information.

--

Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 am
Gameop

Unread post Re: Error with TWGS
I'm getting the exact same error as the original poster here.

Unlike some of the other posters to this problem, I'm only using one user profile and one monitor.
So far, I only get the error when I double-click TWGS.exe from the desktop. I just copied the EXE to my Startup folder and so far, no error. I'm also running LogMeIn in the system tray as a startup item.

Irish Rebel

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:22 pm
Gameop

Unread post Re: Error with TWGS
With our setup here, it was the dual profile and dual monitor setup that caused our issues. As soon as Thrawn disabled the dual monitor, the error went away.

From what I have learned, the issue was our video driver. Using legacy devices always seem to cause issues every now and again. Windows installed it's version of the video driver and we tried to install the manufacturer's driver but the error kept occuring. Could not access TWGS without getting the "access violation erors" on a continual basis. So we switched back to the original setup, which was the Windows driver version, and all has been running great.

Now with all the "updates" required for the server, I suppose it is a matter of time before these errors come again because of some conflict.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2