View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HALP! Can't get a game banged - says unregistered! 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post HALP! Can't get a game banged - says unregistered!
When I received my reg codes for TWGS and GOLD package and all that jazz, the game was running about v1.13. I've downloaded and setup the v1.3 from the beta site as well. I have the same unregistered issue (when banging) on both. I know my keys are legit; I used them OK years ago.

Anyways, within TWGS, I go to FILE> CONFIGURE> REGISTER (TAB), and put in the info. I get this:

Everything seems OK. I put in the gold codes from there as well.

When I BANG - UNREGISTERED!

Halp!

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:09 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: HALP! Can't get a game banged - says unregistered!
Typing the codes in won't always work. Usually cut & paste is the only way to get them to take.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:40 am
Lieutenant Commander

i'll second the cut&paste ... and is actually easier, as you just paste it all in the first box..it all enters.

Keep us posted!

Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Staff Sergeant

Ya, I decided I was going to try to copy and paste the codes as everyone suggested, but I decided to start from scratch first.

I went to Add/Remove programs, and "Removed" Tradewars Game Server.

I downloaded the latest version (1.3) and installed it. This time, I let it install to the default directory for the first time.

When I opened the program, it still retained the activation codes I'd previously put in. BUT, I was able to bang the universe in a registered mode!

What changed? From what I can tell, a fresh install left completely default fixed everything. Oh well, I don't really have any complaints with leaving it in the root C:\TWGS\ folder.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will post this afternoon about an opening bang tomorrow. I was just going to put it up for a couple friends, but the community here seems cool. I have static servers with static IPs and decent bandwidth, so I hope things turn out great!

More to come -

Skull

Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:11 pm
Okay, i am having the same problems...i have a vista machine and i dont know if that is stopping the copy and paste process, but when i copy all 4 lines of the gold codes and try to paste them into that first block, i only get the first block, nothing else fills in. Im typing the codes into notepad by hand before copying and pasting. ive also tried typing them in by hand directly into the game, but thats not working either. I get the green TWGS is registered in the main server screen, but when i go to bang a game, it says unregistered still. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still no go. any suggestions?

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:10 pm
Commander

If you are running Vista, did you right click the TWGS install file and select "Run as Administrator"? Sometimes I've discovered that on my Vista machine that I need to do this when installing programs. That's because Vista does not allow changes in the C:\Program Files directory without Administrator access.

I installed TWGS on my Vista laptop but placed it in c:\twgs. I right clicked the TWGS install file and selected "Run as Administrator" and my codes worked out for me.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]