View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Thinking of bringing back server if... 
Commander

Unread post Re: Thinking of bringing back server if...
Not sure why but I was in game E and then it froze. I see I'm in the Menu twice and can connect now, but it still shows me in the Menu as well.

Also when I press "I", I see Unlimited, but the "/" shows only 250 turns. Moving around really slow. Deleted my TWX database and tried again. Same results.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:39 pm
Gameop

Thrawn,

Please try again, you may have been in there when I was tediting the changes crosby suggested. Also, I had the same freezing issue and it turns out that I believe my new D-Link router was the cause. The settings are a little different then my previous router, but I believe I have it figured out now.

Let me know - thanks

Last edited by maidenariana on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

I'd love to see a game like this. I was a long-time player of the building game on effigy's server. Great times. There is nothing like it out there.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Glad to hear it - and being in chicago your ping times should be outstanding :)

I have been working hard on revamping the entire process and have picked up the pace in a big way the last few weeks. The web piece is almost finished, then I will be making the final tweaks to the TWGS server interface piece that delivers the shipyards and ships. The original code was all written in 2005 on an older version of Java and quite frankly I am better at it now then I was at the time. I am making sure the site is secure so no one can pretend to be someone else, etc.

If you get a chance - please join game E and let me know what pings you get.

Last edited by maidenariana on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

rgorion wrote:
Thrawn,

Please try again, you may have been in there when I was tediting the changes crosby suggested. Also, I had the same freezing issue and it turns out that I believe my new D-Link router was the cause. The settings are a little different then my previous router, but I believe I have it figured out now.

Let me know - thanks,
[RG]Orion

Sorry, RGOrion, got sidetracked. Working fine.

But risk has always been an inescapable part of warfare.

--

Knight to Queen's Bishop 3

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:48 am
Lieutenant J.G.

Glad to hear it - and being in chicago your ping times should be outstanding

Not so fast there Buckwheat....
Just because you live in chicago it is not certain your IP address is located there also.

I live in texas and have had my IP address say I was connected in North Carolina, Missouri (KC area),and IIRC someplace in Arkansas.

Course I use a celluar modem to connect to the internet so YMMV.

Ping times for me sucked so I quit playing TW.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

I just meant that in this area (chicago and nearby suburbs) if you have high speed internet you are most likely on AT&T or Comcast which have local IPs. My server is on the upgraded AT&T DSL plan.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Sergeant

How's this been going? i have a foothold in the game and some ship hulks. let me know how i can help.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gameop

Your timing is almost perfect here :)

I didn't want to jump the gun at all so I am making sure everything is working before inviting people again to the game and to my new website. I have finished all of the backend code and the twgs server interface piece. I am just making the finishing touches on the new website. I also included some code to filter out would be hacker attempts on the web interface. Unless there is some major emergency at home or at work this week, I should be posting an all systems go here by Sunday.

Keep in mind the game is a beta game and I appreciate you building up to get ready for it, but once the game runs for a while with more players and there are no apparent bugs in the system, then I will be re-banging it for the real deal. I will give plenty of advance warning on the rebang.

If anyone following this thread wants to get in the game and get their base going before the website is available this weekend, then please do so - but just know that this is considered a test run of the Rogue Empires(game E) game.

Acid - I would appreciate you allowing people to build up their bases a bit, if you look back on the thread I was trying to be clear the current game is for testing - and by no rules I meant for now duping is allowed, etc - the more data being generated the better to catch potential bugs:

Quote:
Also, I have a 20k sector universe running (RogueEmpires2009) with some custom aliens/etc. If anyone wants to create an account and build some planets/buy some ships - it would help me out. I need to see if my original data file reading code still works with a 20K universe and the more data I have the better. Consider this a test game so do whatever you want in it. no rules..

Thanks all,

[RG]Orion

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Unread post Version 1.0 ready to rock
Also posted in the Game Rebangs forum....

All,

After .. well... years of working on this in my free time. I now have a completely automated shipyard building, custom ship designing, ordering, and delivery game running at Rogue Galaxy. As part of this project I have completely revamped the Rogue Galaxy website. Even if shipyard building games are not your thing, the RGTWCompanion asset viewing tools might interest you. I do plan on trying to build an installable version of all of this for other sysops, but for now I need to just let it run for a while and handle anything I haven't already thought of. I have been quiet about this, but some of you may remember me talking about it a bit in the forums many moons ago. I basically didn't want to be like a bad software publishing company that keeps promising things without putting anything out. So, at long last here it is! It is truly version 1.0, not a BETA.

Please consider joining the Rogue Galaxy Community on the website. Then, join the twgs at Game E and do some running around/world creating. Finally, log into RGTWCompanion using your Game E name and password. This game has been running for a while, but I invite all to still join and to please consider it a sandbox to play in for a while. This way everyone can become familiar with building shipyards, designing your ships, and if needed posting questions/suggestions on the RG forums, etc. Then, after everyone basically gets how this all works, I will officially rebang the game for the first Rogue Empires battle.

I have asked Thrawn to help me out by being a moderator for the Rogue Galaxy Community website forum, and thankfully he accepted :)

NOTE: I am in Game E now during the Sandbox period ONLY. I will not be playing once it officially rebangs.

Last edited by maidenariana on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Gameop

Well this figures - but apparently we had a brown-out early this morning and the twgs and RGTWCompanion pieces are down.

:oops:

grrrr - i will get it up running by 7pm CST tonight

Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

Very cool system.

The results of my testing so far:
Logged into RGTWCompanion on website
The level of detail of the info was unexpected and very cool.
Reproducible errors when I do the following:
(1) Click on Shipyards Specs from the twdetailships.jsp page gives a mysql error that table roguegrouptw.rgtwcompanion does not exist kicks you back out to logon screen and the same error occurs from the View All Designs link on the twdetailships.jsp page.
Note I do not have any Level 4 planets at the moment so maybe that was not accounted for and could be the source of error here?

(2) Not really an error but tried changing the # after the equal sign in twplan.jsp?inplanid= to spy on someone else's planet and got access denied. Good result. I then made the # 40 which is likely more planets than currently exist in the game and I got a huge apache tomcat error that started with exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /twplan.jsp at line 117

114: dayscal.set(2000,0,0);
115:
116:
117: int colfuel = Integer.parseInt(thisPlanet.getColonists_on_fuel_ore());
118: int colorg = Integer.parseInt(thisPlanet.getColonists_on_organics());
119: int colequip = Integer.parseInt(thisPlanet.getColonists_on_equipment());
120: int totalcolonists = colfuel + colorg + colequip;

Like I said not really an error since I input a value I knew was bad, so just FYI.

Silly Suggestions:
1. Make a similar system for improving planet specs
2. For gold aliens set to Unforgiving in Gold Editor, allow players to purchase a grudge against another player if you can find where the grudges are stored in the aliens related files and add to it.
3. Allow a player to buy a temporary cloak for his ship. If you set the cloak flag to Y on a players ship they can move around in the game in a cloaked state which is pretty cool, let them purchase x minutes or whatever before the flag is reset to uncloaked.
4. In a limited turn game allow the player to purchase additional turns for some credit price.
5. Allow a player to designate one sector that is a DE as a home sector and allow them to create a backdoor to Terra, SD or a class zero for a price.
6. Allow a player to change the class of a port in a sector they have a sufficient amount of assets in for a price.

Just random things I thought of probably not all good ideas.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 pm
Gameop

Thanks for the feedback Smash, I must have missed those two pages from item one in the deploy. They are here on my laptop so I will get them deployed sometime tonight.

As for the other suggestions I will definitely keep them on hand, but want to focus right now on perfecting what I already have in place.

Last edited by maidenariana on Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Rogue Galaxy TWGS and RGTWCompanion down until Tuesday - my dsl modem literally 'burned' out. It runs for about 10 minutes to an hour now then dies again. AT&T is sending me a new one and it should be here by Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

The Rogue Galaxy website is still running as that is on an external server/host.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3