View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 SysOp playing in his own game 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post SysOp playing in his own game
As I posted in viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34399, I booted an old computer, saw SWATH, and decided to play a bit. I have far too many things to do to devote much time, so I told SWATH to connect to my own TWGS, but TWProxy connected me to Colorado Springs Central Net. There were not any active players, so I set out.

I pretty much just used SWATH's World Trade script and colonized some planets. Eventually, I found an old player's base, far from everything, with 650,000 Offensive fighters, and four planets. Photon missiles are disabled, so I loaded up with fighters, and got my ship blown up. I could only do so much mothing, because the third time that I got podded, I was locked out for a day. I sacrificed more and more expensive ships and since I had tried to macro in and land, whatever keys followed the move command silenced output, so I did not know how many planets it took to destroy my ship.

The BBS is run by TJ Barlow. I logged in, saw an evil player named Barlow, and logged out because I did not have the time to try to take out a player who might be the SysOp. It was more than twenty-four hours before I could log back in and he had graduated to a 200m-credit ship with full fighters. I spent ten minutes going through the log of him taking out my fighters and then capturing my planets. I went straight to where I had stashed fighters, but I ran into his fighters and mines everywhere, and before I got far, he caught me with his ship's IG. Trapped and with far fewer fighters, I attacked first, and he captured my ship.

So, if you are up for a challenge, please play Game A, otherwise, I would suggest avoiding that server, I am not comfortable playing against the administrator of a game.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:54 am
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post Re: SysOp playing in his own game
I'm in game A on barlow's server. You're not claiming he's in that one?
If you are BlackThorne, then yeah, I caught you in my IG when
you were plowing through my grid not responding to Fedcomm.

Barlow may play in other games, but game A is clean, if a little
old by now, -cough- 183 days, unlimited turns -cough-
...you may want to bring friends Grey.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Lieutenant J.G.

If you were not recieving messege's it could be that your comm's were turned off (cn7). Please don't assume that any character in any game is the sysop. players will often use names that could be confused with the sysop. The damage you cause by accusing a sysop of cheating is with out mesure. As a sysop that recently started up my server again after many years of having it down, because of people accusing Me of using t-edit or playing in my own games, I can tell you that it is very counter productive to our community to rip on a sysop or server. Right after I started My server back up I had a corp accusing Me of cheating because I'm a member of a perma corp and my team was playing on My server. I was not playing or cheating. Dispite this I have decided to keep My server running and not take it down like I did years ago.
I have no doubt that some people think I'm a cheater and My server is unfair just because of what someone posted here.
Glad to see you come back to the game, if you need any help send Me a PM.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:48 am
Profile ICQ
Private

Hey I remember Colorado Springs Central Net, run by TJ Barlow! That's my hometown, and I used to login there via dial-up back in the nineties! I don't remember TW being on his board though, I don't think. That's cool it's still around now and has TWGS.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:48 am
Private

Hey I remember Colorado Springs Central Net, run by TJ Barlow! That's my hometown, and I used to login there via dial-up back in the nineties! I don't remember TW being on his board though, I don't think. That's cool it's still around now and has TWGS.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]