View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Photons: The good old days. 
Private 1st Class

Unread post 
Just a suggestion, sure to anger half the Trade Wars players...

I remember a time when there was a vestige of playing ability in Trade Wars players, when players had a small amount of honour, when they actually relied on their strategic abilities instead of using a simple feature of Trade Wars to 'take over' a game... Photons.

You've all seen it:
A player finds his arch-enemy's hideout and flies in regularily to shoot a photon in, so that player can basically never play the game.
Or better yet, he surrounds stardock with toll fighters, and sits at stardock with a script running to automatically photon anyone entering the surrounding sectors.

I just want to suggest that something be done to prevent this from happening... I've never liked the idea of a photon taking away a players turns. Perhaps have photons make the player get 'stuck' in the sector until the photon wave is over, instead. This way, players will be prevented from doing what I described above, and the sysop will be able to better control the ability of the photons with the wave duration (much like with planet attacks).

Anyway, this is just one suggestion. I'm sure there are dozens of ways to solve the problem. I'm hope the discussion to follow will bring some of them out.

Jaban

Mon Mar 26, 2001 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]