View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Announcing a New Trade Wars FTP Server! 
Corporal

Unread post 
Greetings!,

I wish to announce that I have a new public and anonymous FTP server open for all current Trade Wars files. The server address is ftp.apparition.org. All Trade Wars files are located in the pub/tw2002 directory. The server has multiple T1 connections to two different Internet backbones in Maryland, so it is (or at least should be) extremely fast, and is much more efficient in handling the transfer of large files as the http protocol was never designed to handle the transfer of large files, only small text ones.

I will continually update the FTP site as new Trade Wars related files are released. Also, you can upload your own Trade Wars related files in the incoming directory under the tw2002 branch. Once I see something is there, I'll download it, scan it for viruses and trojans, and if it is clean, I'll make it publically available under the proper sub-directory.

The direct link is ftp://ftp.apparition.org/pub/tw2002/

That's ftp://ftp.apparition.org/pub/tw2002/ or ftp.apparition.org/pub/tw2002/

You can use either your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.), or a FTP client (SecureFX, WS_FTP, etc) to connect. Once connected, use anonymous as your login name and your e-mail address as your password, like [url]jackm3@operamail.com[/url].

If you have any comments, questions, or problems, please don't hesitate to respond by either this forum or by e-mail directory.

Your friendly neighborhood Apparition,

Jack

Fri Feb 23, 2001 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Announcing a New Trade Wars FTP Server!
Hmm.. not able to connect.. Wonder Why :?:

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]