View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New players getting 4,500,000 alignment 
Veteran Op

Unread post 
14 days into a multi-corp game. No way a single solo player can survive against active corps like that. I don't care who you are or what "tactics" you have... at some point it all comes down to resources, which boils down to turns.

There are a lot of resources out there to teach returning players how to play the modern game. My own site has quite a bit of these. Nobody is discouraging new players, they're just saying that if you're going to spend your time in a particular bang then spend it in one you have a chance to win (or atleast get strong play in).

We all have work to do and obligations to fulfill. So why not make the most of the time you spend?

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:22 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Corporal

Unread post 
Promethius wrote:
RedKnight wrote:

Promethius wrote:
RedKnight, don't take this the wrong way, but with those players, you are way in over your head.
I have been playing trade wars since the original.  Played Yankee Trader even.  Just have not played it since the the mid nineties.  I actually used to run one of the largest MajorBBSs in Northern Califronia.  I am also a Systems Engineer, and am very capable of learning "tactics" so I am sorry its hard not to take that statement the wrong way.  Thats why I asked how it was done.  To learn.  Do not take this the wrong way but it sounds like you have way to much time on your hands and can sit around and play video games all day.  I on the other hand have a family, and work, and have to learn by research.  Iam sure most advanced "tactics" were learned from others, rather than everyone independently coming up with them on their own.Now for a game that needs players to be fun, I do not know why most players discourage. the advancement of other players.

hmm, I do not see anything in my statement that would indicate an implication of your inability to learn, nor any other implication other than you do not stand a chance in that game against those particular players. I do not know of very many solo players that would be able to do more than be a nuisance in that game.

Since this is not a forum for smack talk, I will not respond to the remainder of the post, however if you would like to move it to that forum, I would be more than happy to respond in a manner that befits someone of your lofty "Systems Engineer" position.

Honestly I was simply stating I have the skills to learn what is required to keep up with any type of player.   Not that a System Engieer is a big deal at all--simply stating that I configure servers for a living.  Beilve me, its a boring job.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:36 am
Commander

Unread post 
If you want to learn, go to http://www.outpost-4.com and look at the OCS. Also you will want to check out http://www.tw-cabal.com while it is up.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
why yall beating up on red knight? hehe. and don't be so sensitive, rk. we all want you to keep playing TW.

so to sum up: some players got bright blue by attacking the personal figs of fellow teammates who were deep red. then those deep red teammates got bright blue by killing opponents that were deep red. meanwhile, if at extern with both reds and blues on your corp, everyone loses experience, thus the zero experience and high alignments.

rk - don't let them deter you - granted singluarity is right - you can't compete with those guys because they have more resources, not because they are more skilled than you. he's also right that the game would be closer to an end if they would just start attacking each other instead of sitting on their farms watching the corn grow.

nevertheless, by playing the game, you have already learned something. most of those players are nice people who would talk to you and answer your questions - if they are at keys.

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2