View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Forcing alignment changes 
Gameop

Unread post Forcing alignment changes
I have asked this in a couple of different places, does anyone know the details for forcing alignment changes? ie being blue and forcing traders to red or being red and forcing traders to blue?

This seems to work with a high alignment difference between traders but only with personal figs, not corp figs.

In a game I am playing, two traders now have gone red while script cashing in an ISS. And both have been podded by the feds

Cerne

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:44 pm
Profile ICQ
Hall of Famer

Unread post 
What is the TWA database project?

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post 
It is a collection of twa files gathered from Vader, Vulcan, Big D, Thrawn and others. Each twa zip file has the twa file and 4 txt files. The txt files are the edit's specs, alien info, planet info, and ship info. The text files were created with a tool created by Xentropy.

There are about 90 in the project now.

Look here

The above link is for the player version sans the twa files themselves (I was running out of space) If you need the TWA file I uploaded everyone of them to Vulcan's Download Section.

Cerne

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 pm
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Forcing alignment changes
Cernnunos wrote:
I have asked this in a couple of different places, does anyone know the details for forcing alignment changes? ie being blue and forcing traders to red or being red and forcing traders to blue?

This seems to work with a high alignment difference between traders but only with personal figs, not corp figs.

In a game I am playing, two traders now have gone red while script cashing in an ISS. And both have been podded by the feds

Cerne

This works with corp figs on standard settings as well as personal figs. I have flipped people blue a lot of times and is one of my favorite tactics to use just before killing them so I stay red. There is an MBBS setting for standard (gold) edits to remove the fighter hit change to alignment. I have not played enough with the MBBS setting to give an answer to how that affects players on the same corp in regard to flipping. When I get my system completely rebuilt after the format I will test it some.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Unread post 
It works for corp figs, but it uses the corp's average alignment instead of the player's alignment. So if you have 1 big red and 2 rather small blues (or small reds) your average is going to be a lot lower and will take a lot more figs.

Flipping ppl is a useful strategy for unlims or DMs, esp if they're solo. It's also a pain in the butt in a gold game where MBBS forces you to SDT a lot longer... sudden bursts of blue alignment can really hurt come extern, adding another expense to gridding and killing.

Alignment math can be found on navhaz or grimy trader.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Sergeant Major

Unread post Re: Forcing alignment changes
If you can get all of your reds in early and lay figs everywhere, you make it very expensive and difficult for the other corps to have any reds at all. Blues can come in later with lots of cash and build to their little blue hearts content. It only gives a one day or maybe half day advantage in most games, but in an unlim, that's the game!!!

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]