View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Some quick questions 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Some quick questions
Also, if you're using Swath, it has a nifty little sector finder tool that will let you pull up a list of blocked ports.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am
Gunnery Sergeant

There used to be a delay when moving from one sector to another depending on the tpw of the ship. Now it's just blink blink and bam, I've colonized 2 cycles, or I've refurbed at a class 0 or whatever. When did this change and why?

As for keeping my ports list up to date . . . is there some system script that records that and creates a list that I need or what?

Bruce

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 am
Profile ICQ
Gunnery Sergeant

Caxis wrote:
There used to be a delay when moving from one sector to another depending on the tpw of the ship. Now it's just blink blink and bam, I've colonized 2 cycles, or I've refurbed at a class 0 or whatever. When did this change and why?

As for keeping my ports list up to date . . . is there some system script that records that and creates a list that I need or what?

Bruce

It's an option in TWGS that can be enabled/disabled.

As for a CIM scanner, you can find a few on the grimy trader. SupG's comes to mind. I believe that the 2_Sentinel that comes with TWX may also have one.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 am
Veteran Op

Quote:
It's an option in TWGS that can be enabled/disabled.

Nod, called ship delay (or move delay). It's a system-wide option, instead of a game-specific option, which has spelled it's death. To add to the problem xport, tpad and pwarp have no delay, while typical moves and attacks do. This means someone w/ a pwarp foton script can almost certainly hit you, and you've got no chance to escape. Ship delay moves the game even further towards planet-based play. There was some talk this might be changed, adding a delay to planets as an option and making ship delay game-specific instead of server-wide... if that ever happens we might see a resurgence in ship delay.

Quote:

Depends on what you want to specifically do. A lot of CIM hunters do frequent CIMs and then compare 2 CIM results and act accordingly. What you asked for was different, you want something that can compare against your database and not just against an immediately previous CIM. That's a big difference.

There are no public scripts for TWXproxy that I know of that can do this, but it's not hard to write one. Earlier someone said Swath can do this, so maybe that'd work instead.

Provided you've been running TWXproxy most of the game, all you need to do is run a CIM ever-so-often as you play to keep your DB up to date. Ports that don't show up in the most recent CIM will have update timestamps less than current, so all you need to do is write a script to check timestamps for every port.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:22 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2