View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 losing exp 
Gameop

Unread post losing exp
is it possible to lose 1500 exp on stardock, i.e. go from 2500 exp to 1000 exp just by landing on dock, doing something, and lifting?

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:30 pm
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: losing exp
I'm not sure exactly how much you lose, but if you are not commished and you are not red, you can keep trying to get into the underground and get knocked out and lose experience. Just hope you don't go so far as to get murdered. lol I think 2 times being knocked out then you are murdered.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:34 pm
Ensign

Don't you lose half your exp when you wander round SD(pressing any keys other than what u normally press to enter SD) keep doing that a few times and you get mugged then a few more to get podded and also lose half exp. Not sure how many times you can repeat this. Probably 2.

[edit] obviously don't carry any creds and have a couple of ships at SD waiting.
[/edit]

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:00 am
Profile ICQ
1st Sergeant

The best way to lose exp is self podding. You lose 1/3 exp each time and can do it twice a day, ending up at 4/9 of the exp you started with. This was discussed a few years ago, here is the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18583&p=163718&hilit=self+pod#p163718

Kav

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:04 am
Veteran Op

ok, I tested the underground theory. If you are red or zero allgnment, you can lose 50% of your experience by entering the wrong underground password and getting knocked out. The guard will give you several warnings and then knock you out. I think you have to get knocked out two times and after the 2nd time, you lose 50% of your experience. You could quit at that point and still be alive. Of course you could go one more time and get murdered and lose 100% of your experience without your alignement changing. If you are above zero alignment, nothing will happen because the gaurd won't even ask you for the password and it will just put you back at the stardock prompt.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 am
Ambassador

Mad Mick wrote:
The best way to lose exp is self podding. You lose 1/3 exp each time and can do it twice a day, ending up at 4/9 of the exp you started with. This was discussed a few years ago, here is the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18583&p=163718&hilit=self+pod#p163718

Kav

Depending on your situation, there are other ways to lose exp w/o taking a pod, going to dock or getting SD. You have to be a bit creative if you are a solo tho and have a bit of luck, but I've done it in a lot of games. Tends to upset some people if they don't know the game and how a solo becomes fed safe - some cry T-Edit, but that isn't how it is done.

"A man who has no skills can be taught, a man who has no honor has nothing."

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:00 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Promethius wrote:

Depending on your situation, there are other ways to lose exp w/o taking a pod, going to dock or getting SD. You have to be a bit creative if you are a solo tho and have a bit of luck, but I've done it in a lot of games. Tends to upset some people if they don't know the game and how a solo becomes fed safe - some cry T-Edit, but that isn't how it is done.

Please tell.
I've seen a few ppl do it (and it doesn't show in the log) Xanos being the most recent. He's forgotten more than i'll ever know!!

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

If you're borderline you could always go red, bust down, then go blue again. You could go red by attacking ports, jetting or killing cols. As long as you keep your align close it's relatively easy to go back blue.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran Op

All of these are fine ways to lose experience, but the original question was:

the reverend wrote:
is it possible to lose 1500 exp on stardock, i.e. go from 2500 exp to 1000 exp just by landing on dock, doing something, and lifting?

That's the reason I was focusing on ways to lose experience at the dock.

As far as I know he couldn't have went from 2500 to 1000 experience just by landing on the dock. He could have lost 50% of his experience by getting knocked out twice in the underground "IF" he was 0 experience or red.

Also to the person that asked if hitting the wrong keys on the dock lost you experience. No. You lose cash when you get mugged, but not experience that I've ever noticed.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:40 pm
Gameop

Just to be sure - this wasn't near extern time was it?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

The context for this question stems from a trader plowing into dock with an exp level in the 2000's (I thought) and coming out fedsafe. I was ready to drop the hammer, but upon his undocking I found out that I couldn't.

There are plenty of ways to lose experience, but the focus of this thread is to find out how this was possible.

Looking back I can't be certain that he was over 2k exp, but he was certainly close. The underground password theory is the only one I can figure that was put into action.

This may have been around extern. There was nothing in the logs about murdering / podding.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:14 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

NjoY wrote:
I've seen a few ppl do it (and it doesn't show in the log) Xanos being the most recent. He's forgotten more than i'll ever know!!

Xanos is the subject of this exercise as well ;)

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:18 pm
Veteran Op

Ok... tests conducted...

Randomly hitting keys at stardock... you can get mugged and lose half your money, all the way down to 0 credits, but that never effects your alignment or your experience (I tried atleast 10000 times, laff, so I'm pretty sure about that).

The underground... If your alignment is 200 or greater it will instantly turn you away with a message "We don't want your kind here." You can't do anything else. It won't effect your cash, alignment or experience if you're turned away. If you have 199 or less it'll ask you for a password.

If you give it the wrong password 3 times you'll get knocked out and lose all your money. You won't lose any experience. If you come back a 4th time and give the wrong password you'll get knocked out and lose half of your experience, it won't effect your alignment at all. If you go back after losing half your experience and type in the wrong password the guy at the gate will call you a fool and blast you. It'll say "You're dead" and a log message "xxxx was murdered on the Stardock!" will be posted. You're #SD# on the clv. When you come back from being murdered your experience and alignment are reset to 0.

I believe the dock flag is reset every day. So if you go in before midnite you could lose half, then after do it again.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

Singularity wrote:
Ok... tests conducted...
I believe the dock flag is reset every day. So if you go in before midnite you could lose half, then after do it again.

That's got to be what happened. Very sneaky.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:44 pm
Gameop

xanos has no corpies, so extern exp losses don't really play. i would have just asked him myself but he wasn't responding to hails. i knew about getting murdered, but i couldn't find anything on tw-cabal that elaborated on this and i didn't know you could lose 50% on your 4th attempt.

helper : http://svn.thereverend.org:8080/revhelper/

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next