View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Some quick questions 
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread post Some quick questions
If I destroy a port in a sector and it makes the radiation, can I immediately build a new one and if so, does it clear the radiation?

If I am at a BBS port upgraded to max equipment and I buy it all down to a planet, and reverse haggle, will this generally ensure the port has 3.3m+ credits by the end of this process?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Unread post Re: Some quick questions
Hiya.
No, you wont be able to build until the nav haz has cleared. How fast it clears depends on sysop settings

You wont be able to buy the full amount down until it get's to %100. That also depends on sysop settings on how fast that will happen. I.e. If set to %200 it will be full in 12hrs.

I'm a TW and #SD# ing you was my idea!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.~ J.T.Kirk

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

normal setting for Radiation Clear seems to be 14 but is server specific.

a BBS port that is at 100% Equipment even if that is 1000 units can be maxed and bought down immediately. The Buy part has to wait on server the server setting to kick in. but depending on MCIC you may not get to the 3.3M magic number.....plus the lower your experience preferably under 100 the worst price option gets better results.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

In this case, at the xxS port, wouldn't I want to see out a crappy MCIC? To be more specific, could someone give me some numbers? Such as a range how much it cost to drain a full xxS port of equipment only? Thanks.

Shame about the radiation, I was afraid that was the case. I wanted to knock out some ports and build my own because I understand they start with MCIC 60, which is good. But, if the above is true and I want them to sell high so that I don't run the risk of not hitting the magic number, then maybe I should seek out shitty ports and upgrade them instead.

What is the easiest way for determining MCIC? I can tell if a port is buying 250 holds of equipment at a good or a crappy price, but this is just because I have a feel for it. Unless I went around and started seeing how different ports charged for selling equipment and then averaged that, which seems a bit wasteful with turns, I am unsure how to determine this.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Gunnery Sergeant

Caxis wrote:
In this case, at the xxS port, wouldn't I want to see out a crappy MCIC? To be more specific, could someone give me some numbers? Such as a range how much it cost to drain a full xxS port of equipment only? Thanks.

Shame about the radiation, I was afraid that was the case. I wanted to knock out some ports and build my own because I understand they start with MCIC 60, which is good. But, if the above is true and I want them to sell high so that I don't run the risk of not hitting the magic number, then maybe I should seek out shitty ports and upgrade them instead.

What is the easiest way for determining MCIC? I can tell if a port is buying 250 holds of equipment at a good or a crappy price, but this is just because I have a feel for it. Unless I went around and started seeing how different ports charged for selling equipment and then averaged that, which seems a bit wasteful with turns, I am unsure how to determine this.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

I'm not sure as to the ranges, but if I'm doing buydowns, I try to keep my exp around 100 like T0yman mentioned. I haven't found a case in which I haven't been able to get 3.3 out of a port yet with 100 exp. I usually try to upgrade ports that sell either fuel or org's as well in case I need to buy down a bit extra.

You get a lot of exp from the megas, but you can fake bust down to 100 if need be. Usually when running with a corp, you can have a couple of designated buyers and keep their exp low.

_ck_equip_haggle_trackeris a system level script that you can load up and it will automatically keep track of the MCIC of any port you trade at and write it out to a file. I believe it's available in Cherokee's public script pack on Grimy's. If not, drop me a line and I'll send you a copy.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 pm
Lieutenant Commander

some awesome reading about ports and mcic:
http://tw-cabal.navhaz.com/strategy/hagglelessons.html
http://tw-cabal.navhaz.com/strategy/economy1.html

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Veteran Op

Quote:

It will depend on your experience, which makes this a bit tricky. If your experience level is high, you won't put as much on the port, which means you need a more expensive port. You don't really need to use MCIC for all of this tho.

Normally I look for ports that cost atleast 55 credits per unit at 100%, but those are typically SBS or SSS where I can also get the fuel (and sometimes bust down) to get the mega. Normally an SBS works fine, but on "Weekend specials" and "Hump days" you get a better price, which can make megas harder those days.

Special days+High experience+BBS port = Dear God this is going to take a while.

You should probably aim for 60 credits per eq or higher. It will depend a bit on what you're willing to put up with tho. If it's a sector you visit frequently then you can just buy everything and sit back and wait for the port to build back some before finishing the mega.

Quote:

MCIC is a function of the price, the port percentage and your experience level (for ship haggles, for planet it doesn't matter). If you don't want to do the math yourself, which you don't have to, you can use a script like haggle tracker or buydown. But for what you're doing you don't need MCIC, just 0 out your experience (or keep it below 100) and get the per unit price of EQ on a bunch of different ports.

Quote:
You get a lot of exp from the megas, but you can fake bust down to 100 if need be. Usually when running with a corp, you can have a couple of designated buyers and keep their exp low.

Nod. I believe it's something like
exp = cash stolen (in thousands) / 2
aln = cash stolen (in thousands)

Or something like that. Normally in a game w/ megas you have only 1 red, and that red doesn't do many buydowns. The blues do the buydowns and the red just megas, perhaps buys fuel for the planet (as you pgrid around after megas) but that's about it.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gunnery Sergeant

The whole navhaz / cabal hideout contains fantastic stuff. I'd suggest reading it all if you've got the time.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

Yes, those two websites have been invaluable to me these past few weeks.

Quick question: I need to go blue in a game and was gonna go get murdered at stardock. When you are murdered, what happens to your ship?

Bruce

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant Commander

your ship goes poof

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gunnery Sergeant

Thanks Crosby :D Was hopin someone would respond before midnight game time so I could get it out of the way.

Another quick and perhaps stupid question: How do I change a ship that is claimed corporate to personal? I swear I should know this and I've been all over the menus and I can't do it for the life of me. What am I overlooking here? It seems I used to be able to do it all the time...

Bruce

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

(C) computer prompt (O) Change ship settings It will ask you if you want a password (blank if none) and if it's not a corporate required ship, it will ask you if you want it corporate or personal.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 pm
Gunnery Sergeant

OH! I knew it. But it doesn't give me the option so I guess it's corp required.

I was pullin my hair out! I swore up and down it was CO... glad I'm not losing it.

Bruce

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Gunnery Sergeant

If I have explored 100% of a universe and I want to use CIM to track down which ports I don't have access for, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Bruce

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Then you need to look for blocked ports. Assuming you've been CIMing along the way and kept your ports list up-to-date all you need to do is run a CIM, then check the last update timestamp. If it's less than current, it wasn't updated on the latest CIM and should be checked out.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:15 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next