View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Next question... about credits on a port 
Warrant Officer

Unread post Next question... about credits on a port
This sort of relates to the mega-rob question I had earlier today, though I just realized that I technically posted that in the wrong forum lol.

So lets say I have a BBS port. I buy all the equip on the port, and it gets to $2.5M creds on there. So I cant megarob it yet. What happens to these credits over time?

Specifically, if no one ports to sell fuel ore or organics (as I realize selling product TO the port would reduce the credits on hand since they are BUYING product) for a few days, and so the equipment naturally regens and now I can drain the equip for a second time, woudl there be roughly $5M on the port, allowing for a megarob to occur? Or do the credits gradually decrease as the equipment regens?

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Veteran Op

Unread post Re: Next question... about credits on a port
They'll stay on there.

They might decay slightly over time, or purchases the port makes (from players) might come out of that bank... not entirely sure what the time frame is on all of that (never gone over a day or 2).

But on the short term (a few days) it'll just stay there. I've had ports like that, where we had filled a port and busted on the mega but didn't need the cash. In that case I usually just grab it the next day, off-robbing between.

The risk, obviously, is that someone else could grid it and notice the upgraded port and take your cash. I usually make a pass over any new ports I find during the next cashing run just to check stuff like that. But if that's not a problem and the port stinks you can break up the mega over a few days if you want.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]