View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Can't get back in game 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Can't get back in game
So I got the day off yesterday from the Invitational Game on the EIS server. Today I tried to log back on and I get all the way in, I can see who's actually in the game and then I get kicked back to the server menu. Not the game menu. If I didn't have any time left I believe that is what happens when you log in, but I'm showing still *SD*. Any help?

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Unread post Re: Can't get back in game
Spider wrote:
So I got the day off yesterday from the Invitational Game on the EIS server. Today I tried to log back on and I get all the way in, I can see who's actually in the game and then I get kicked back to the server menu. Not the game menu. If I didn't have any time left I believe that is what happens when you log in, but I'm showing still *SD*. Any help?

I have searched the logs and i cant figure it out spider..Soon as EP gets in touch ill have him look at it. EP is the only one with the server keys during this Tournament.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:12 pm
Staff Sergeant

thanks sg.. oh don't read my other post, lol... i tried to get that ball rolling earlier today... like 7 or 8am. no answer yet from EP.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Like I said, I hate spiders :P

The problem was that your account was out of time somehow. Not sure, but this problem was resolved by resetting the time limit for this user. He had not successfully logged in, which was easily provable because he had no ship, and had not been destroyed in the logs today.

The "out of time" guess was SG's. Nice guess!

Other Sys Ops that run time limited games be aware that there may be a bug here.

Regards,
+EP+

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran Op

I had that problem during the last old school game. SG's corpie couldn't get back on, it was showing him as #SD#, the logs were clear that he hadn't died that day, but yet his time showed that it had been played (hard to play your time when you're dead, lol).

Smells like a TW bug.

1. TWGS server @ twgs.navhaz.com
2. The NavHaz Junction - Tradewars 2002 Scripts, Resources and Downloads
3. Open IRC chat @ irc.freenode.net:6667 #twchan
4. Parrothead wrote: Jesus wouldn't Subspace Crawl.

*** SG memorial donations via paypal to: dpocky68@booinc.com

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:46 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

I have experienced this on Ice9 as well. I find that typically it occurs when someone is trying to use a fast login script to get in right at extern. The game records them as being logged in, even if they do not get to a ship. So if they start the login process (hitting T I think) before extern, but end it after extern, it causes the problem.

Proud Sysop of ICE9 TWGS
Home of Building and Non Regulated Games
http://www.oregonsouth.com/ice9
telnet://ice9-tw.com:2002

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:12 am
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
I find that typically it occurs when someone is trying to use a fast login script

V'Ger, that may have some bearing. I did do an exit/enter just before my "day off", but I couldn't figure out why I was getting bumped back to the server menu and not the game menu. I thought that when you got bumped for time limit, it sent you to the tw 2002 menu, not the server menu.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:50 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

I do not think it is strictly a time remaining issue. Usually I have solved the problem by going into TEDIT, and it says that the player last logged in today. Change that to yesterday, and viola, they can get in.

I think that extern happens in between when the player attempts to enter the game while #SD# and when he exits the game in order to try again. When he is exiting the game, the TWGS advances his value or last logged in to today. So when he attempts to log in again, it sees he last logged in today and his ship is destroyed, ergo, he cannot get in until tomorrow. I think the message about not being able to login due to the ship being destroyed because when someone is actually #SD# the setting in TEDIT says they will be able to login tomorrow. Not that they last logged in today.

Just a thought.

Proud Sysop of ICE9 TWGS
Home of Building and Non Regulated Games
http://www.oregonsouth.com/ice9
telnet://ice9-tw.com:2002

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]