View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Silly question... 
Gameop

Unread post Silly question...
I have asked this before, and I have had many different answers, but I want to ask again becuase I am still not 100% clear, I started out playing on lord.doa.org with just a very basic game with stock edits, I never will forget the other player in the game alias "frog" was twarping into sector 2 or 4 directly, not hitting the back door and warping in, he was twarping in directly to sector 2 or 4 in a corporate flag ship, red. Evil as all get out, if I recall correctly he was a prime evil some how not sure if he was game op or what but I am curious is it possible in trade wars as a red to twarp into fed space or might it have been a different version of twars that allowed this option??

And the next question totally unrelated what is a fusion drive? I see it in Gold editor under ship settings under option 3, its not twarp...

http://www.galactictw.com - your one stop resoruce for scripts, links, and fresh new games weekly!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

Unread post Re: Silly question...
oh and to add to that thought... if you are red and twarp to fed space and there is no port or planet, can you blind warp....

http://www.galactictw.com - your one stop resoruce for scripts, links, and fresh new games weekly!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:37 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

That's a good question. If there's a beacon, you should die but maybe the Federation beacons don;t set the same flags.... Now I'm going to have to go try it. Thanks buddy... LOLOL!

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Site Admin

I'll leave it to others to answer about Red's jumping into FedSpace. No time to go into the code and have a look ;)

The Fusion Drive is basically an excuse to increase the cost and resell value of some ships. Having plotted out the value of all ships relative to stats, there were some ships that just didn't fit the curve, and I used this Fusion Drive option as a way to justify that difference. It has no gameplay-related use. It improves resell value of a ship because the engine is more durable.

In the Gold Ship editor, Settings tab, press ? for help, then M for Fusion Drive System and you'll see the editor description for yourself.

Help fund the TradeWars websites! If you open a hosting account with A2 Hosting, the service EIS uses for all of its sites, EIS will earn credits toward its hosting bill.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

1) fusion drive only helps resell value only.
2) you can not blind warp into fed , beacon will kill or pod you.
3) some sectors have multiple backdoors ... did you see message that
player twarped in or could he have warped in (other backdoor you were not aware of) ?

In a game that has been tedited , there could be any number of back doors
up to 6 ways in .. and that leaves on the normal .. about 2 to 4 extras ways in.

Here is where a 100% map would help solve the problem or a script like a back door finder.

Frog .. sounds so familiar .. hahahaha

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Ender wrote:
I have asked this before, and I have had many different answers, but I want to ask again becuase I am still not 100% clear, I started out playing on lord.doa.org with just a very basic game with stock edits, I never will forget the other player in the game alias "frog" was twarping into sector 2 or 4 directly, not hitting the back door and warping in, he was twarping in directly to sector 2 or 4 in a corporate flag ship, red. Evil as all get out, if I recall correctly he was a prime evil some how not sure if he was game op or what but I am curious is it possible in trade wars as a red to twarp into fed space or might it have been a different version of twars that allowed this option??

And the next question totally unrelated what is a fusion drive? I see it in Gold editor under ship settings under option 3, its not twarp...

Set all known warps into 2 and 4 as avoids. Plot a course to 2 and to 4. That will show how the red was getting there, assuming you had been previously monitoring all other approaches when the red was doing it - no mean task. Unless it is a new bug, no other way.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 am
Gameop

I wish you guys would have told me that before I blew up a perfectly good Flag.... :lol:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:08 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop

I guess it had to be a old version of trade wars, that is the only thing I can think of becuase I was sitting in fed space getting the twarp enter message only into fedspace, he would twarp home from terra... not realy sure what the deal was...

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:44 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]