View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Megacorping Discussion 
Commander

Unread post Re: Megacorping Discussion
Runaway Proton wrote:
Comet wrote:
Oh and as far as megacorping. I think it would be in the eyes of the beholder. Even if you were to put up a no alliance pact or whatever between two corps who's to say they can't talk about stuff of icq private hail or whatever else means?
You can always bust a level 1 up and load it up with 999,999,9999 credits and someone can grab it and put it back into another citadel without even being caught.

There are many ways to get around it I'm sure, in the case of the above invasion by two corps if they simply attacked at separate times it couldn't be proven they were even working together. So to police this would be a nightmare.
I'm not wanting to use any single example here for obvious reasons. I'm not wanting to turn this into a finger pointing (or extending) session.
If I were in a game, and an opposing corp came to me and said "I'll call a truce with you if you want to help me destroy this asset" I'd have to give it some consideration, would that not make for a fine opportunity to elminate some of the opposition? I'd also have to seriously consider the risk of after said invasion, I'd attack the one I'd held the truce with, hoping they were weakend more my the attack than I was.
Now however if you're one of the two attacking teams, you're happy (I hope) by the outcome. But the attacked team is gonna feel far more inclined to cry foul. Was this "unfair" game play?
You just said you thought it was hilarious that two teams "stooped to the level,.." but what about it two weaker teams pooled together to take out the stronger? Would that be viewed the same?

It's all in the eyes of the beholder!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:06 pm
Veteran Op

Runaway Proton wrote:
You just said you thought it was hilarious that two teams "stooped to the level,.." but what about it two weaker teams pooled together to take out the stronger? Would that be viewed the same?

I would say same no matter what, you can't win them all and if your ego is that fragile find a new game. This only for games that have a rule in place, if no rule then there is nothing really to complain about.....although most all view mega corping as a shady tactic.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

T0yman wrote:
Runaway Proton wrote:

I would say same no matter what, you can't win them all and if your ego is that fragile find a new game. This only for games that have a rule in place, if no rule then there is nothing really to complain about.....although most all view mega corping as a shady tactic.

We could always change the name from BOTE to BOTMC

H

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to inform ya'll but GZ and krakken didnt share anything, I simple told KB that we are targeting C1 cause they were the weakest link, and he said they were too. If bloods in the water sharks attack, sorry! You can say what you want by that screen cap, but lets not forget we"ground zero" had a man on their planet that also got torped, as far as me picking of the figs, that sector was in a MSL and it was less then 10 minutes before tern, it was moving time ROFL!

Edit:lets not forget the logs show both c2 and c3 {groundzero and Krakken}
podding and killing each other plenty of times throughout the game!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Bye Bye C1, and C3 wasn't anywhere around this time.

1    64,681 -4,500,000   3 Zep                            T'Khasi Orion
2 15,658 -872,987 2 The Bounty Hunter Missile Frigate
3 2,403 3,550,485 3 Kewlbreeze Imperial StarShip
4 2,130 -2,250,000 2 locutus # Ship Destroyed #
5 1,635 897,131 1 Xanos # Ship Destroyed #
6 862 3,801,079 2 Thebutcher Imperial StarShip
7 289 -2,250,000 1 T.R. Edwards # Ship Destroyed #
8 183 882,867 1 Cruncher # Ship Destroyed #
9 90 16,400 2 Farley Imperial StarShip
10 41 -4,499,996 2 Big D Corporate FlagShip
11 0 29,949 3 Baz Missile Frigate
12 0 1,308 3 Caretaker Interdictor Cruiser
13 0 516 1 Epicenter # Ship Destroyed #
14 0 -2,250,000 3 Orion Colonial Transport
15 0 -1,125,000 1 T0yman # Ship Destroyed #

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Veteran Op

Finally sacked up and went in alone, congrats!!

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant Commander

T0yman wrote:

Speaking of sack up, I was hopeing you would just say good game instead of TRYING to find an excuses for your corp getting pwned all game, guess not though.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:21 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

TheButcher wrote:
T0yman wrote:

Speaking of sack up, I was hopeing you would just say good game instead of TRYING to find an excuses for your corp getting pwned all game, guess not though.

I said good game when I was #SD# and out, of course Big D would have to whisper that in your ear for you to remember. Sheesh, this is not he BOTE thread. We are discussing mega corping over here. So why he needed to post BOTE info is beyond me.

T0yman from Dec 31 Page 24 BOTE Thread wrote:
Good shooting Butch both times, little slow the second time :)

All in all a good game and thanks RP for hosting the game. See you all next tournie!

Last edited by T0yman on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:23 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Boo! inc.

LOL....I laugh at anyone who says there is no "evidence" of MC. Ive seen it done many different ways and there are many ways to make MC'ing look like legitimate game play.

What exactly would this evidence look like? Other then a corp member saying that its was specificly discussed?

Shrug

Boo! inc.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:25 pm
Ambassador

Runaway Proton wrote:

No mega corping means no mega corping regardless of the strength or weakness of the attacking or defending corp.

There's always going to be ways around this however, and no way to prove MC one way or the other.

That screen cap we caught was just a little too blatant to be taken any other way. I'm disappointed really. And don't take this the wrong way, I'm not whining, we've been running the self destruct script all week. I'm disappointed in the lack of integrity of today's so-called top players, but sadly, not surprised.

I guess, for future games with a no Mega Corp rule, just means don't get caught Mega Corping. That's about the best we can do.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:42 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Cruncher wrote:
Runaway Proton wrote:

No mega corping means no mega corping regardless of the strength or weakness of the attacking or defending corp.

There's always going to be ways around this however, and no way to prove MC one way or the other.

That screen cap we caught was just a little too blatant to be taken any other way. I'm disappointed really. And don't take this the wrong way, I'm not whining, we've been running the self destruct script all week. I'm disappointed in the lack of integrity of today's so-called top players, but sadly, not surprised.

I guess, for future games with a no Mega Corp rule, just means don't get caught Mega Corping. That's about the best we can do.

RP has already said it wasnt MC and no rules have been broken, so stop making excuses for getting pwned!!!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:46 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

TheButcher wrote:
RP has already said it wasnt MC and no rules have been broken, so stop making excuses for getting pwned!!!

Runaway Proton wrote:
there is no MegaCorping rule in place (I just reread the rules to refresh my own mind) only asset sharing, and there is no evidence of that here.

He said there was no mega corp rule in place. No evidence just means nothing can be proven.

Let's get back on Topic: Would sharing Figged Sectors / Port data / SDT / Planet locations and other info be considered a violation of asset/resource sharing. Information = Resource , may not be what most would consider mega corping. Just wondering.

Using this since it sparked all of the conversations here:
Runaway Proton wrote:
2. No transfer of traders or resources between the different teams.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ambassador

TheButcher wrote:

No, he asked if it was Mega Corping, reviewed the rules and found there was no rule against MC.

Probably because it's nearly impossible to prove, and just as difficult to enforce.

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Lieutenant Commander

Cruncher wrote:
TheButcher wrote:

No, he asked if it was Mega Corping, reviewed the rules and found there was no rule against MC.

Probably because it's nearly impossible to prove, and just as difficult to enforce.

So your using the excuse we MC is the reason you lost, what proof do you have?

Edit: Just to make sure iam getting this straight, not only did you guys accuse us of using a bug earlier in the game now it megacorp ROFL. Even stevie wonder could see whats going on here!!!!

Last edited by TheButcher on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

It's a bit off topic here, but T0yman brings up an interesting point.
I stress he's not complaining about the game in progress, but if you share information, is that sharing assets?

http://www.twsubspace.com <-- Expired
Teamspeak 3 50.23.212.53:4196 <-- Expired
Just a has been now.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next