View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Best way to clear fake busts when running TeamSDT? 
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Best way to clear fake busts when running TeamSDT?
SupG wrote:
Quote:
SupG you are starting to sound like an old school carpenter who loves his hammer, sneering at the guy using a new fangled nail-gun. And I am sure there is some guy somewhere sneering at your hammer thinking "Real traders use rocks, not hammers." They are just tools.

Haha, I actually don't have any problem with people automating - hell, I played a role in that. I just think actually knowing and understanding the game and how it works should be first and foremost.

Use all the scripts you want, just understand what those scripts are doing first.

I want to say that thanks to you and our play in the April challenge that I have a better understanding of the basics of running SDT than I ever had before.

Tonight I waited until after extern for all the busts to clear, then I off-robbed all three reds at our base then started the Team SDT with 0 errors. So I want to say thanks for all info. The team SDT I am using saves the last steal port and the last bust port.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Cruncher wrote:
Micro wrote:
Maybe I was tired, but I am pretty sure that I robbed the port at base, and then fake busted in a sector that was not my last real bust. Robbed the port at another base, and fake busted at the other sector that was not my last real bust. At this point, this player could not rob any of the three ports we had set up for SDT. Waited for extern to run, and this player was still unable to rob at any of the three sectors even if robbing a base first.

Are you certain that the edit is set to clear busts daily and extern did run normally? This does sound like excessive fake busts.

Yes, busts are set to clear daily, and extern did run. I did eventually get TSDT to run and cashed a little over 100m. The following day I fired up the script again, and it fake busted at the first port. I checked the logs to see if the script made an error, and confirmed that the port was not the last port robbed or the last bust for this player. The script did not make a mistake as far as I can tell, but it got a fake bust.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Micro wrote:
The following day I fired up the script again, and it fake busted at the first port. I checked the logs to see if the script made an error, and confirmed that the port was not the last port robbed or the last bust for this player. The script did not make a mistake as far as I can tell, but it got a fake bust.

That smells like a bug in something.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Gameop

SupG wrote:
Quote:
SupG you are starting to sound like an old school carpenter who loves his hammer, sneering at the guy using a new fangled nail-gun. And I am sure there is some guy somewhere sneering at your hammer thinking "Real traders use rocks, not hammers." They are just tools.

Haha, I actually don't have any problem with people automating - hell, I played a role in that. I just think actually knowing and understanding the game and how it works should be first and foremost.

Use all the scripts you want, just understand what those scripts are doing first.

+1, and the reason I picked up TWX in the first place.

@Helix and Micro if your using Xanos among others TSDT script there is not true bust checking in that script. While it does store to a variable where you last busted it can be overrode by the player or a crash, which it does frequently. Other TSDT script don't even have that variable, and the inert TWX tracking is if I remember correctly buggy in the newer versions.

Might have something to do with prompt aborting, might not.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Kaus wrote:
@Helix and Micro if your using Xanos among others TSDT script there is not true bust checking in that script. While it does store to a variable where you last busted it can be overrode by the player or a crash, which it does frequently. Other TSDT script don't even have that variable, and the inert TWX tracking is if I remember correctly buggy in the newer versions.

Might have something to do with prompt aborting, might not.

Yes, we noticed that. There is a field in TWX to track sector busts, but it does not appear to contain any data.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:28 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Boo! inc.

So should we improve on already written TeamSDT scripts to eliminate fake bust chances?

Boo! inc.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:37 pm
Ambassador

mob wrote:
So should we improve on already written TeamSDT scripts to eliminate fake bust chances?

These scripts track busts and last steals once they are started. The problem is starting them and/or restarting them after a crash. If you can provide the script with correct bust data at startup it will run fine.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2