View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New Again... Advice Wanted 
Private 1st Class

Unread post New Again... Advice Wanted
Hello,

I started playing a few days ago after a loooong time away. Like before automation long time. Now having to relearn everything is a bit rough, but I started playing on Ice9 in the pirate game.

Within minutes of starting another player dropped a large sum of money on me. Which was good because as I started moving from sector to sector exploring , I hit a minefield and blew my ship up. Well I got some tips and advice ingame, got my alignment up, bought a ISS, got a fed commision after I blew up my corporate flagship twarping into stardock. All in all not bad. Did some port trading as I could find em.

Now for the questions. This game is 2xx days old. Well developed, some BIG guys walkin around. It seems every other sector has figs in it. so I cant get a good stretch on ether probes. Also I found a spot at a dead end and get the "no free matter exists" msg when I try to launch a genesis torp. Do I have to find and blow someones planet before I can get a base started? No , idea how to go about that yet.

Helpers seem nice, Swath seems good but is sooooo limited in trial mode and I dont wanna plop down 26.00 for something I might not play long term yet. ATTAC is better for me cause I like the map feature it has. But in this game it seems hard to find port pairs that haven't already been traded down. Also I have yet to be able to find a planet to consider blowing it (if that is needed to make my own) and there is supposed to be 6000 planets in game right now, I think. Any tips for finding them?

This is still a bit fun but very frustrating trying to break into a well developed galaxy where it seems the big boys have mapped out/locked down most everything.

All advice welcome.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:09 pm
Commander

Unread post Re: New Again... Advice Wanted
Best to find a fresh game somewhere and try from the start , maybe pick up a friend or corpie ....

Any game over 30 days is going to be developed and hard to get started
without serious help.

Check for a new game @ http://www.microblaster.net/Servers.aspx
click on the BigBang a few times to set the dates for resent dates.

Also check here on ClassicTW in Rebangs for anything new.

BTW Welcome back and hope your stay is fun :)

Vid

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]