|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||iofhua [ Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:25 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Spawning aliens|
So I'm using the TWGS Gold Alien Editor to create a custom alien species. I'm trying to figure out what's going on here:
Generated Experience Guaranteed Access
Maximum possible 110,000 5 ships
1% at or above 109,545 5 ships
10% at or above 105,909 5 ships
25% at or above 99,091 2 ships
50% at or above 87,727 0 ships
75% at or above 75,909 0 ships
90% at or above 69,091 0 ships
99% at or above 65,455 0 ships
Minimum possible 65,000 0 ships
So I changes the Ferrengi ships so they are better than anything at the StarDock. I'm trying to make a "PvE" server where the players play against the aliens.
I set it to spawn 6 on the first day, 120 maximum, and 20 days until full strength. Now will it spawn 6 each day until day 20?
If only 25% have guaranteed ship access, will only like 1 or 2 spawn each day and the other 75% don't?
It seems to suggest that experience determines ship access. But I tried changing the formula to give them millions of EXP but it didn't seem to change their overall ship access that much according to the chart. Starting them off at 65,000 is commander rank and that just felt like way too much to me, but maybe making the Dreadnought stronger than an ISS does that?
If anyone can explain how this works I would appreciate it.
|Author:||iofhua [ Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Spawning aliens|
I used google to fish up some other threads about spawning profiles from this forum. From what I've read for EXP you need to use a formula that grows stronger over time.
If I use Linear 3 with A=1000, B=0, C=0 then their maximum EXP is 1,000 times the current number of days the game has been running. So on day 7 their EXP ranges from 0 to 7,000, and on day 15 it ranges from 0 to 15,000.
For some reason this opens up more of their ships as the game progresses. On day 0 it's 0 ships for all EXP levels, but on day 5 90% of them have access to at least 3 ships. (At least, according to the projection. I haven't actually played this game yet.)
I don't understand why the projection likes that better than just giving them a crapload of EXP on day 1, but it does.
Using Linear 4 for their other stats could create very randomized ships that grow stronger over time. Setting fighters to Linear 4 with A=3, B=0, C=0 would spawn them with fighters equal to one third of their EXP.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group