View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays them 
Author Message
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Shadow wrote:

You must have some vivid dreams to come up with this nonsense.

Still salty after all this time that I booted you from that tourney? Maybe if you could actually play tradewars half as well as you run your mouth, people would want to play with you. Just move on already - you suck, nobody wanted to play with you, so we booted you.


Wait before you said you booted me because I quit?

Now you are saying it was for different reasons.

That's 2 lies I see a pattern is developing.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 am
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Hammer_2 wrote:
prestone2 wrote:


Here is the post from Rider complaining about your whole team getting deleted after Hammer asked him to stop the bug use and he refused.

hehehe.


Technically speaking, can you actually cheat if you DO NOT ENTER the game? :)

Me and Shadow bump heads at times.. but really.. this is cheating the same way as doing 1 mile over the limit is speeding.

Reason I asked him to stop was because it was causing our CLV script to spam subspace.. which I scrape and send to discord.. which would mean my phone beeps every 30 seconds every moment of the day (I did mute it).

Anyway, you two, get a freaking room, the foreplay here is really starting to make me feel uncomfortable :)


As a player we don't decide which bugs to use and which not to use. We don't use any because it is against the rules and we play with honor. Obviously some players, such as some of those on Shadow's corp for the tourney, did not play with honor and did not follow the rules and therefore his entire team was deleted for bug use.

Those are the facts. That is what happened.

Now the same individual who used the bugs, Rider the op, is crying about allegedly getting cheated at Vid's Server. That takes a lot of nerve coming from him and I won't stay silent for it.

If i was speeding by 1 mph and got a ticket for it and then convicted, I would be guilty of speeding. I wouldn't come back later and say I never got a speeding ticket. That is exactly what is happening here.

And just because someone works in the corporate world, where lies are spoken all day long, that's how they operate in life, does not mean they come in here and lie.

In addition, there is probably a pattern of narcissism and bullying based on the insults to me for pointing out some facts. Classic example of a High Performance, Low Trust individual.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:20 am
Profile
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
prestone2 wrote:

As a player we don't decide which bugs to use and which not to use. We don't use any because it is against the rules and we play with honor. Obviously some players, such as some of those on Shadow's corp for the tourney, did not play with honor and did not follow the rules and therefore his entire team was deleted for bug use.

Those are the facts. That is what happened.


I wasn't going to comment on this or even read it. But when people start using words like "Those are the facts" without having or knowing or trying to distort them i get annoyed.

As the Game Op of the tourney in question I will tell you what happened. Shadow's corp what NOT deleted for 'cheating'. At the time I removed them the entire corp was already SD. I was ask by the CEO's of each of the other remaining corps to remove the dead players. Why? because for some reason players that where SD where still gaining exp. 1 point per day. I do not know why or how if it is a bug or not. certainly had no effect on the game other then being an annoyance. So since the corp was dead and had no effect on the outcome of the game i removed them. and that is why.
Those are the REAL Facts.

Someone here is implying that Shadows corp was removed for an active game for cheating which is a flat out distortion of the truth. I hope this puts end to this.

-sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
I was also asked to post this by Farley since he can't post here and I really dont see the harm.

"As much as I do not like shadow and his crew, I do have to say that the details preston has presented are not entirely accurate. shadows team was unable to enter the game at bang, and Hammers corp got an early advantage. This was due to a server issue. Yes, rider (IIRC) did use a bug at that point, but their team elected to sit out based on the startup as well as Hammers team electing to decline a restart. They were not deleted for this bug use, but rather because they had decided not to play. Not uncommon to delete players that are not participating, as they can effect the game"

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Star Killer wrote:
prestone2 wrote:

As a player we don't decide which bugs to use and which not to use. We don't use any because it is against the rules and we play with honor. Obviously some players, such as some of those on Shadow's corp for the tourney, did not play with honor and did not follow the rules and therefore his entire team was deleted for bug use.

Those are the facts. That is what happened.


I wasn't going to comment on this or even read it. But when people start using words like "Those are the facts" without having or knowing or trying to distort them i get annoyed.

As the Game Op of the tourney in question I will tell you what happened. Shadow's corp what NOT deleted for 'cheating'. At the time I removed them the entire corp was already SD. I was ask by the CEO's of each of the other remaining corps to remove the dead players. Why? because for some reason players that where SD where still gaining exp. 1 point per day. I do not know why or how if it is a bug or not. certainly had no effect on the game other then being an annoyance. So since the corp was dead and had no effect on the outcome of the game i removed them. and that is why.
Those are the REAL Facts.

Someone here is implying that Shadows corp was removed for an active game for cheating which is a flat out distortion of the truth. I hope this puts end to this.

-sk


Let's clarify the facts shall we.

You were asked to remove dead players only AFTER Rider was using the bug, which was effecting the play of the people who were actually playing the game.

No one gave two craps about the dead players until it became a problem. Hammer asked Rider to stop and he didn't. So Hammer escalated and got you to delete Shadow's team, for bug use.

If you are gaining free exp 1 point at at a time while not in the game, clearly a bug.

Don't try and twist this around. It is very clear what happened, at least to me.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:40 am
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Star Killer wrote:
I was also asked to post this by Farley since he can't post here and I really dont see the harm.

"As much as I do not like shadow and his crew, I do have to say that the details preston has presented are not entirely accurate. shadows team was unable to enter the game at bang, and Hammers corp got an early advantage. This was due to a server issue. Yes, rider (IIRC) did use a bug at that point, but their team elected to sit out based on the startup as well as Hammers team electing to decline a restart. They were not deleted for this bug use, but rather because they had decided not to play. Not uncommon to delete players that are not participating, as they can effect the game"


Farely can admit at least Rider was using a bug.

If the team elected to sit out, why was Rider fooling around in game using bugs after 3 weeks?

I do not agree, based on the timing of when they were deleted, that they were deleted for the reason of being inactive.

Star Killer deleted Shadow's team after 3 weeks, in a 30 day game, so don't hand me this lie about deleting inactive teams. You don't wait 3 weeks to do it.

Star Killer seriously though, if are saying now that you don't know if what Rider did was a bug, you have no business hosting TW tournaments. I'm not trying to insult you here just being honest with you.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:56 am
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Yeah after 3 weeks in a 30 day game the dead players are removed.

Sure lol. You guys crack me up.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Hammer_2 wrote:
Shadow wrote:

The original problem was caused by someone leaving mombot relogging. Not intentional at all, unless you consider mombot to be "bug use". Hammer pointed it out, I wrote a script to prove that it is doing what we thought it was, and one of us left the script running and went to bed. It's not like it was going to help us in the game since we were all dead and quit a long time ago.


The intentional bit came after you wrote the script and tested it when Rider up'd the speed of the relogs from every minute or so to 10-20 per minute. Then a second bot came and started doing it also. Rider was asked personally to stop and he said "no, it's a feature and no one listened to me when my stuff broke at the start of the game" (paraphrased).

Of course you claim not to know who the SBOT in question was, despite being your TWars best buddy.

Whether this had any impact on the game is in doubt, however, you guys were politely asked to stop and instead it went 20 times worse. There were issues, perhaps coincidental at the time. So given you'd all quit the game I think you can agree deleting you all is fine to be safe for us who are still playing it.

Thanks SK For taking care of this swiftly.


Here is Hammer's post thanking SK for taking care. Certainly appears that Shadow's team was deleted specifically for actions of Rider's SBOT who instead of stopping made it 20 times worse.

But yeah the reason was because on Day 19, they were inactive. Yeah sure.

The post states they "quit a long time ago" but no one deleted them for 3 weeks.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm
Profile
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 1248
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
prestone2 wrote:
Let's clarify the facts shall we.


LOL I knew posting a comment would get this reply.

Simple question. Who do you think people are going to believe? You? or the person who was hosting the tourney.

Okay im done back to the sidelines....LOL

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Website: http://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com


Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Posts: 122
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Star Killer wrote:
prestone2 wrote:
Let's clarify the facts shall we.


LOL I knew posting a comment would get this reply.

Simple question. Who do you think people are going to believe? You? or the person who was hosting the tourney.

Okay im done back to the sidelines....LOL

sk


If you were consistent with your Day 19 inactive player deletions I couldn't say a Darn thing.

But you are not consistent. Why? because you don't have a policy in place for inactive player deletion.

Might be a good idea to institute one now, then you can quickly get back to all the other trustworthy and incorruptible things that you do, if there are any.

_________________
HOME SECTOR TITLE - 2001 USO - 2001 WTC - 2002 BIG GAME - 2019 HHT


Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:36 am
Profile
Ambassador

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 1409
Location: Boo! inc. Ireland
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Its very sad. This thread does not remotely live up to the standards set by the Great Big TW Flamers of the past. Is scripting to blame, or just general malaise?

The posters would benefit from some of the Guides freely available.
https://www.fantasyfootballdraft.com/fa ... k_talk.asp - has some great pointers. Lessons include:
- use of derogatory nicknames
- inflammatory trash talk
- tasteless signature lines
plus near endless other valuable suggestions to keep the pot boiling.

For TW specific examples, look no farther than the Wayback Machine twgs.org records. It didn't save much, but there are some good bits.
https://web.archive.org/web/2016*/twgs.org


Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:48 pm
Profile
Lieutenant J.G.

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 431
Unread post Re: Vid moderates twgs.classictw.com games...and also plays
Kavanagh wrote:
Its very sad. This thread does not remotely live up to the standards set by the Great Big TW Flamers of the past. Is scripting to blame, or just general malaise?

The posters would benefit from some of the Guides freely available.
https://www.fantasyfootballdraft.com/fa ... k_talk.asp - has some great pointers. Lessons include:
- use of derogatory nicknames
- inflammatory trash talk
- tasteless signature lines
plus near endless other valuable suggestions to keep the pot boiling.

For TW specific examples, look no farther than the Wayback Machine twgs.org records. It didn't save much, but there are some good bits.
https://web.archive.org/web/2016*/twgs.org


haha Kav, nice to see you are around and I love the dry humour :)

I was actually on TWGS.org archive a while back or should I say the "Res Judicate Flame Room".


Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.