View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 alright. who is this? 
Author Message
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 4013
Location: USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
GsuP wrote:
I see not much has changed over the years, still shady business in TW!

Almost makes me want to come back!

Miss you guys!

-SupG



Welcome Back!

_________________

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am
Posts: 3554
Location: Long Beach, CA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Lest we forget what has gone before....



//Mod break//

Trying to troll. Not allowed. You know better Helix.


Edit: Common sense says you don't want any more posts in a thread you lock it, you don't censor it. What are you? from China?

Oso wrote:
You're the one big on IP addresses. You should know better than to post personal attacks in OD. Posting here is a privilege and not a right. If you continue to attack people and call mods assholes, then you will be banned. Understood?

Where do you think you are? Run back over to Hyperspace where they tolerate that kind of crap. Here we dont get banned for telling the truth. Looking at your posts in this thread, a person doesn't even get banned for lying.

oso wrote:
Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999

Looks like you caught ignorance and terminal stupidity yourself, that happens when you get too close to the infected. Why you think you need to cover up Big D's behavior is beyond me.

If you are going to defend someone, defend Tweety. Big D wronged Tweety. Big D's current and past behavior speak for itself.

_________________
Helix
Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars.
Lest we forget
I had to ask myself WWSGD?


Last edited by Helix on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.



Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Is it significant that I do not know my own IP?

_________________
Photons away!


Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1324
Location: USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Grey Gamer wrote:
Is it significant that I do not know my own IP?


No. You usually will never need to know it unless you are hosting TWGS.

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Well, if someone posted my IP and said they were impersonated from that address, I would just say "Hey man, that is terrible! I am sorry!"

_________________
Photons away!


Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1324
Location: USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Grey Gamer wrote:
Well, if someone posted my IP and said they were impersonated from that address, I would just say "Hey man, that is terrible! I am sorry!"


And that would be an admission of guilt, no?

But if I were to spoof your IP address and log into a server to impersonate someone else, would you still apologize for it?

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Tue May 21, 2013 2:36 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Oso wrote:
Grey Gamer wrote:
Well, if someone posted my IP and said they were impersonated from that address, I would just say "Hey man, that is terrible! I am sorry!"


And that would be an admission of guilt, no?

But if I were to spoof your IP address and log into a server to impersonate someone else, would you still apologize for it?


I would say about the same thing if someone told me that he was late for something because he had a flat tire--sympathizing, not admitting guilt.

Unless someone told me "Grey Gamer, we have your IP. You impersonated Tweety and did these mean things," I would just feel bad for the guy. If I were set up like that, I would just say "Hey, I do not know who did that or why they used my IP."

Ironically, there seems to be validity to "Me thinketh the lady protesteth too much" (since Hero was innocent).

_________________
Photons away!


Tue May 21, 2013 3:46 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1324
Location: USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Grey Gamer wrote:
Oso wrote:
Grey Gamer wrote:
Well, if someone posted my IP and said they were impersonated from that address, I would just say "Hey man, that is terrible! I am sorry!"


And that would be an admission of guilt, no?

But if I were to spoof your IP address and log into a server to impersonate someone else, would you still apologize for it?


I would say about the same thing if someone told me that he was late for something because he had a flat tire--sympathizing, not admitting guilt.

Unless someone told me "Grey Gamer, we have your IP. You impersonated Tweety and did these mean things," I would just feel bad for the guy. If I were set up like that, I would just say "Hey, I do not know who did that or why they used my IP."

Ironically, there seems to be validity to "Me thinketh the lady protesteth too much" (since Hero was innocent).



Using the Goldilocks theory of defense really doesn't cut it either, as it becomes extremely subjective as to whether a person has protested weakly (thus by default admitted guilt), too strongly (thus admitting guilt), or "just right" (which will still see some calling him guilty).

It should never be incumbent for one to have to prove one's innocence.

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Tue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Oso wrote:
Using the Goldilocks theory of defense really doesn't cut it either, as it becomes extremely subjective as to whether a person has protested weakly (thus by default admitted guilt), too strongly (thus admitting guilt), or "just right" (which will still see some calling him guilty).

It should never be incumbent for one to have to prove one's innocence.


There are games like that and I have refused to participate at parties.

This world would be a better place if we just had Wonder Woman and her lariat.

And free WiFi. :P

_________________
Photons away!


Tue May 21, 2013 7:05 pm
Profile
Lieutenant

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 580
Location: USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Wow.

Looks like I havent missed much.

Hi guys!!

No Im not back. Just saying hi

_________________
My scripts can be downloaded at http://www.grimytrader.com/.
Ore *****.
Even in my signature it's blocked out.


Thu May 23, 2013 3:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am
Posts: 3554
Location: Long Beach, CA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Wildstar wrote:
Wow.

Looks like I havent missed much.

Hi guys!!

No Im not back. Just saying hi


Hi ya.

_________________
Helix
Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars.
Lest we forget
I had to ask myself WWSGD?


Thu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:51 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Hot, Humid MS USA
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Reading this takes me back to playing during my break after the Gulf War and before Somalia on a local server where it was just treachery after treachery lol. Love it! I'd love to get everyone here and sit down to an all night game of Diplomacy and see what woukd happen, who'd knife who, alliances formed, alliances fall....

_________________
Play at: https://www.galacticstruggles.com


Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
I played while in Afghanistan. I paid $3,500 for a satellite Internet receiver that was a big waste of time and money--and then almost a week later was flown to another base and could only pack up my gear and wait for my battle buddies to deliver it--damaged.

Apparently I needed to crate it.

During that week I played TW from my bunk. Some guy kept messing with my stuff, so I left a Pdrop script running while I was on a mission, and he whined and whined about me being a coward.

Are Pdrop scripts cowardly?

I don't know, but I was going on missions in Afghanistan, so arguably I wasn't a coward in real life.

I just wish that I could find my old scripts! I had a planetary trader that I haven't been able to find or recreate!

_________________
Photons away!


Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:11 pm
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 am
Posts: 183
Unread post Re: alright. who is this?
Tweety, by the way, I am sorry you went through that drama.

I hope you successfully avoid drama in the future! :)

_________________
Photons away!


Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.