View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Leaving TW Community 
Private

Unread post 
Several weeks ago during last month. A person sent me via ICQ using a bogus ICQ # a threating ICQ Email. This happened during the hubbub of what had been going on with Silver Wings.

Since coming back into the TW community several months ago I have noticed lots of changes some worse some not so worse.

Even though the threating ICQ Email has been taken care of, it has taken a emotional toll on me. Some people just do not know the difference between real life and online life. Someone in this case has taken it one step further and made a "hacking" and "death" threat against me and family. Like I mention it has already been taken care of.

I'm not going to name any names or BBS's but a Sysop allowed (or did not informed others that thier system had been compromised by hackers)or gave out my personal information after going through a BBS registration process that required REAL NAME, Real address (city, state, zip, phone number) and real email address.

Please do not ask for details I cannot tell you the details due to legal reasons.

Thanks..

Star_Ranger

Fri May 11, 2001 7:56 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]