View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 What to do? 
Ensign

Unread post 
I run Simple Mind. I have TWGS running with 5 games. I have been very careful and watchful of stuff going on. The server is on another computer that does not belong to me. I let the guy who owns the comp run his own game(A game). He did mega ship edits. Also raised the prices to unbelievable prices. You know I try to get players in. Game A was doing good til yesterday. The guy who running the game decides to play. Well as soon as he gets in Boom, he is podded 2 times. Looking at the log he exited the game an was back within 45 secs killing everything in sight. WTF? then he is blown up again.. 3 strikes your out.. right? Wrong! again the log shows he was back in with in a minute. Again kickin Butt. Now there was only 2 other players in the game. I believe, but not sure he destroyed the top guys sectors. And again he was blown up. Again he was back. WTF!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I am highly pi$$ed off.
I went and changed all the PW for the server, deleted his charactor. I talked to him and asked why he would cheat. of course he told me "I didn't cheat." He also set the daily display(news) to 50 lines which is a global command, so all games were set to that.WTF?!?!?!?!? So I showed him the log file where it told about his entrys, exits, times blow up. Still he said he didnt cheat. Then he said i was testing stuff.Then he said I capped a corp ship and it was mine and i wasn't in a corp and.. I stopped him right there and told him You cheated and chased ppl away. And i yelled a few curses and old him how much of an a-hole he is.
Needless to say he will not have anymore access.
Now i am not sure of what to do. I am so pissed off I am considering taking down server till I move out of here(we share a 3 story house.)
So should I just forget about having a server up that I paid for because of an a-hole like that? He said he will not play in any games on server again. Man I am so freaking pissed, if I was a violent man.. well for his sake and mine I am not. Running a fair server is very important to me and I really enjoy it alot.

Any way feedback on what to do?
God help me, I have to get outta here!

Bethel

24.180.180.175:23

Sat Jun 16, 2001 3:36 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]