View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 For those who want to be banned... 
Ambassador

Unread post Re: For those who want to be banned...
Comet wrote:
I guess the ultimate test will be in some tourney that will someday happen when a version is released that has some fixes to it and both sides can agree on playing each other. I just hope that people like myself and people like (you know who) will put their money where their mouth is step to the plate and enter the tourney. I'll be there :) will you?

I think that will be at least another year or so. Let the "construction dust" settle, give players time to accept that the latest release is solid. But, we always need sysops like Micro and RP who are willing to run tournies on the beta to stress it, so we can see what does break so it can be fixed.

In the mean time, we have settings that returnings can feel comfortable playing, and that was my goal. My little server gains a few players each month, so I'm excited to see how much traffic I get this winter.

It's just ironic that the best time of year for most people to play (dead of winter) is my busiest time of the year, so I don't play (seriously).

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Well if you need me to use all your hard earned corp assets I"m your man :)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 pm
Gameop

I don't get in here very often, but (no offense intended) it seems utterly ridiculous arguing with comet. Since he joined this forum I have unfortunately been unable to find a thread where he contributed in a meaningful way. I have no idea what people are up in arm's about but I'm sure in the grand scheme of things its pretty silly. Keep doing your thing JP and if you need someone to pull the ban hammer give me OP and I'll gladly enforce your rule for you.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:33 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Actually it is easy to figure out what Comet says, if you know how, I have known him a very long time and if you know how to read his rants you can figure out what he is actually saying, it takes practice on knowing how he rants and how he talks rationally to figure out what he is saying or wants as well.

As for Cruncher I don't think her name means she is burnt to being toasty and crunchy, but rather her avatar says it for her, a number cruncher. :D

Also all can add my name on the list to be stress testing the new beta version now as well. I am bringing my TWGS service back up, have to use a new addy though and will have it posted when I am done with the testing.

I am sure all communities will finally get along when the dust settles, because one thing is for certain, if we all don't finally get it together, the game as a whole will finally die a slow and painful death. Though I haven't played in a very long time, I still don't want to see the game I love and started with die just yet.

I have a question: Can we ban whole website communities, now that would make a statement. Lmao. Just kidding.

Vulcan

Forum and site down for now.
my Email is vulcan219@comcast.net now

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Gameop

Vulcan the easy part in all this is if you don't like the new format of the game just choose to play the old format. It would appear there are enough players that can play both to still have competitive game. Having had a chance to speak to some of the "parties" that have moved onto other ventures I can see there opinion. I may not personally feel the need to grandstand but its a natural evolution of change.

Personally I choose for now to play and host the "older" version of the TWGS server. Mostly because I don't understand the new licencing setup from a customer point of view and a real lack of time to change my personal scripts to conform with the new changes.

ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ
Veteran Op

Kaus wrote:
Personally I choose for now to play and host the "older" version of the TWGS server. Mostly because I don't understand the new licencing setup from a customer point of view and a real lack of time to change my personal scripts to conform with the new changes.

Really the biggest changes to actual scripts are in the T-Edit screen, the only exception I have found is a login or logoff command due to a word change.

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Ensign

Cruncher wrote:
John Pritchett wrote:
Master Blaster wrote:
First rule of forum management. If you make a rule, you must abide, even for those you like or the rule becomes useless.

What Comet did is akin to running around in an airport making jokes about having a bomb.

I say Ban...

Oh, come on. Ease up ;) It isn't quite that bad.

Yeah it is, you don't see how they mock you on the other forum.

Uh.... no it`s not­... when you talk about having a bomb in an airport there are all kinds of security issues, not to mention you`re pretending to threaten to kill hundreds of people.... here, he`s pretending to threaten to get himself banned. For the latter to be considered anywhere near as bad as the former, you'd have to love Comet and/or his posts one heck of a lot.

(edit: )
Oh I see, when Pritchett said to ease up and it`s not that bad, you thought he was referring to the comment about making a rule and abiding. I think he was referring to the airport analogy.

(edit again:)
Since he did say he 'will' ban anyone who posts those two words, I guess you do have a point about that. To avoid making him break his 'rule' a second time, I've avoided actually posting the two words while talking about them.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 pm
Gameop

Kaus wrote:
Vulcan the easy part in all this is if you don't like the new format of the game just choose to play the old format. It would appear there are enough players that can play both to still have competitive game. Having had a chance to speak to some of the "parties" that have moved onto other ventures I can see there opinion. I may not personally feel the need to grandstand but its a natural evolution of change.

That is how I feel about the new format as well if you don't like that then don't play it, and you will be okay, just play what format you know, and you will be okay. That is why I will have both TWGS versions running, so the players can choose which one they like and play accordingly.

On the licensing of the newer TWGS if you are a current owner of TWGS you put in your codes and you have a fully functioning TWGS with up to 25 Games and up to 100 nodes, with all the editing functions of the new TWGS at your command. This is how JP had intended it to be for the current TWGS owners, the new TWGS owners have a different set of codes and all for their TWGS setups, they can purchace to host x amount of games to x amount of nodes, so if they don't want to host too many games or nodes they don't have to, so their licensing will vary in price, but since the current TWGS owners have paid for a fully setup and operational TWGS we get the full open and running TWGS from our codes as if we used those codes on the older version. Which I find cool and fair since I did pay for a fully functioning TWGS when I bought my Codes. It is really easy to figure out the licensing aspect of it really.

As for my Comet comment, I was having my usual fun with him, but truth be told if you know him then you know what he means with his arguements. That is what I meant about my post on Comet. I have known him a long while, and did kind of miss his posts, if you know how to read his posts, they are both entertaining and informative as well. But you have to admit, he is definitely entertaining to read.

Vulcan

Edited to correct a typo.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Either or. I've learned over the years most love me some don't understand me.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 pm
Gameop

Lmao, well bro some may never understand you but that is life, but at least the ones who do understand you, know you. It is good to hear from you and see you are still alive and kicking. :lol:

I am on a slow journey back to the game as well, who knows I may start playing again. Now if I can get that lazy brother of mine to play....

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:01 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Vulcan wrote:
Lmao, well bro some may never understand you but that is life, but at least the ones who do understand you, know you. It is good to hear from you and see you are still alive and kicking. :lol:

I am on a slow journey back to the game as well, who knows I may start playing again. Now if I can get that lazy brother of mine to play....

Would be great to get the old crew back together to knock out a few games. Lord we would need tutorials.. yes, i'm alive. finally have a day off from the big kid job tomorrow so i can stay up late LOL....

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:06 pm
Private

Please un-ban

Just incase :)

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3