View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Command console 
Gameop

Unread post Command console
Is anyone up for a side project to develop a command console for use with TW? This has been a dream of mine for quite a few years and I even started at one point. My expertise is with Visual Basic which is not very friendly with telent connections. I know with all the programming experience we have in this community we could do this. So the question would be what programming language would we use? Does botlink interact with scripts alone or with programming languages too? Something simple almost like a SWATH interface would be a start...

http://www.galactictw.com - your one stop resoruce for scripts, links, and fresh new games weekly!

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Command console
What do you mean by command console?

Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

And consider me very interested! I am working on a project to develop a physical simulator for TW, which will require software to interface with TWGS. It's not the same thing I think you're trying to accomplish, but they are similar enough that I think we can work together.

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. -Pericles

You can find my server at 166.62.32.246:23. Look forward to seeing you there!

(Still trying to get the domain name working right, but the IP address is solid!)

Always looking for feedback and improvement! Send me a PM with comments/suggestions, please!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:43 am
Gameop

I was thinking about a helper type program to provide a partial graphic interface for TW.

http://www.galactictw.com - your one stop resoruce for scripts, links, and fresh new games weekly!

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:52 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
1st Sergeant

Gotcha. Do you already have any design work done? I would live to find a way to have our interface designs compliment or match each other. I think cross over between the two projects can only help. Have you chosen a database backbone?

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others. -Pericles

You can find my server at 166.62.32.246:23. Look forward to seeing you there!

(Still trying to get the domain name working right, but the IP address is solid!)

Always looking for feedback and improvement! Send me a PM with comments/suggestions, please!

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]