View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 OMGeesh! I loved this game... 
Sergeant

Unread post OMGeesh! I loved this game...
I was a SYSOP for a long time (as a kid)... Grew up with TRS-80 and geek dad then started my own BBS. Eventually grew to 12 lines in the Wichita, Ks area. I had Valley of Pern (VoP) and The Doctor's Office BBS's here and in Denver (where I eventually moved to). My favorite games were LORD and TW. We had tourneys and all sorts of fun... along with all the forums - anyone remember postnuke and phpnuke? I ran through several BBS platforms - favorites were Renegade and MBBS (MajorBBS - when I got into the multi-line gig it just worked better than RBBS with multiple instances running on those old 8088's). Man am I alone? I thought I was in heaven when I got my first 14.4 then 19.2 mods on those old US Robotics modems... 56k was a dream come true... AOL was a pain in the but with their constant marketing - and the various message nets were full of ... stuff...

I was just surfing around for some fun strategy games and for some reason TW popped up - I just had to investigate. I closed everything down when I joined the military on my 18th in 1997. I lost track of almost all my BBS friends... Man - this game really influenced a lot of games and still seems to have a following.

I'm interested in hosting again - but wanting to improve some of the graphics and game play a little - has there been any adaptations over the decades to make a more modern TW version?

Sure - the classic is pretty cool to be able to say it's still there and going - just curious as I would be willing to devote some time...

-GoZippy

Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]