View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:01 pm



Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New Smack Talk Forum 
Author Message
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1814
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post New Smack Talk Forum
Obviously the end of the Hyperspace forum left a hole that is needed.

Please check out the new Trade Wars 2002 smack talk forum.
http://tw2002.forumotion.com/

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Wed May 04, 2016 12:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 559
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Really??
can I be a mod??? HAHA

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
TWGS V2 Telnet://SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
TWGS V1 Telnet://V1.SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
Website: http://sk-ice9.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/


Wed May 04, 2016 12:53 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3627
Location: USA
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Me too! Me too! Me too! Me too!

Oh no, then I can't Smack, forget about it. 8)

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Wed May 04, 2016 12:43 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 104
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
!

_________________
"TW: A proud tradition of...change is the only constant."

-Val


Last edited by CBYNot on Sun May 15, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Wed May 04, 2016 5:52 pm
Profile
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1307
Location: USA
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
CBYNot wrote:
I'll moderate the Smack Talk forum if need be, I've done vB forums before. Apparently I'm too good a girl to even acknowledge in the thread where he was trying to prove to Shadow he actually gives a crap.

Instead he completely ignored my valid concern that he insulted me personally by saying my VR version of TW would "never happen."

Man, this classictw.com is going to need a lot more mods (and a lot nicer) once the VR version is released in Nov...


That chip you carry on your shoulder must be pretty heavy.
Sucks that you remember something that I don't. Must have been pretty trivial to me. Having a different opinion is never an insult, even though a Gender Studies professor would say otherwise. Good thing they're wrong.

Edited to add: Went through all your posts.
Even did a search for VR under your posts and mine.
Cannot find a single mention of VR outside of the last two.
Can you point me in the right direction?

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Wed May 04, 2016 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 117
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Great idea on the smack talk forum.

Can we get a game rebang forum on that one?

OR you could let comments on this forum.

Reasons for comments:

Easy way to inform sysops of games being over and also letting other players dispute/comment
Easy way to comment on game settings and let sysop's active players discuss potential changes
Easy way for Shadow to gloat that he's killed me again

I know all this can be done via PM/Email etc, but I think some of those points require open discussion. Otherwise when I suggest to a sysop can you change XYZ the other active players might actually like the settings.

Cheers,

Hammer


Wed May 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Profile
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 91
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Good idea on the game rebang forum.

And Hammer, I don't need to gloat. You know it, that's good enough for me. :) Perhaps you should have taken me up on my offer to partner in said game.

_________________
Image


Thu May 05, 2016 7:38 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 104
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
!

_________________
"TW: A proud tradition of...change is the only constant."

-Val


Last edited by CBYNot on Sun May 15, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.



Thu May 05, 2016 10:34 am
Profile
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:32 pm
Posts: 104
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Hammer_2 wrote:
Great idea on the smack talk forum.

Can we get a game rebang forum on that one?

OR you could let comments on this forum.

Reasons for comments:

Easy way to inform sysops of games being over and also letting other players dispute/comment
Easy way to comment on game settings and let sysop's active players discuss potential changes
Easy way for Shadow to gloat that he's killed me again

I know all this can be done via PM/Email etc, but I think some of those points require open discussion. Otherwise when I suggest to a sysop can you change XYZ the other active players might actually like the settings.

Cheers,

Hammer


Excellent, salient points as always Hammer. You are the voice of reason and a force of nature, sir. Salud.

_________________
"TW: A proud tradition of...change is the only constant."

-Val


Thu May 05, 2016 10:35 am
Profile
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1307
Location: USA
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
CBYNot wrote:
Oso wrote:
That chip you carry on your shoulder must be pretty heavy.
Sucks that you remember something that I don't. Must have been pretty trivial to me. Having a different opinion is never an insult, even though a Gender Studies professor would say otherwise. Good thing they're wrong.

Edited to add: Went through all your posts.
Even did a search for VR under your posts and mine.
Cannot find a single mention of VR outside of the last two.
Can you point me in the right direction?

Apologies, Oso, my mistake. I confused you with a different mod with similar syntax or color or etc, shan't say more.

Edited original post accordingly.

I would however like to reiterate my advice to you and any other mod that will listen, that we'll need more moderators in Nov when the VR version comes out on Playstation.


Apology accepted, Captain Needa! *Makes choking noise*
I do not try to offend people on accident, I usually have to make an effort to do so, which is why it was puzzling me that you would respond like you did. That is why I ignored it in the first place. I should have looked into it the first time you mentioned it and made peace then. So my apologies too for not addressing it sooner. In doing the search for the VR subject, I did stumble upon the Playstation VR platform. Are you going to have the game ready for when the platform is released?

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Thu May 05, 2016 11:16 am
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 am
Posts: 142
Location: Molon Labe
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
CBYNot wrote:
I would however like to reiterate my advice to you and any other mod that will listen, that we'll need more moderators in Nov when the VR version comes out on Playstation.


What is this PS game to which you are referring and why would PS players bother coming here to post about it? I searched upcoming PS4 games and could not find anything about new space games or TradeWars.

_________________
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius


Thu May 05, 2016 12:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1307
Location: USA
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Adept wrote:
CBYNot wrote:
I would however like to reiterate my advice to you and any other mod that will listen, that we'll need more moderators in Nov when the VR version comes out on Playstation.


What is this PS game to which you are referring and why would PS players bother coming here to post about it? I searched upcoming PS4 games and could not find anything about new space games or TradeWars.


It is for the PlaystationVR, a system that has not been released, and has finished with the preorders. It will retail for around $500.
Imagine the Oculus Rift with a playstation.

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Thu May 05, 2016 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 am
Posts: 142
Location: Molon Labe
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Ah, okay, so this is referring to EVE: Valkyrie then? If so, not sure why those players would come here, really no relation?

_________________
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius


Thu May 05, 2016 3:57 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1307
Location: USA
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
Adept wrote:
Ah, okay, so this is referring to EVE: Valkyrie then? If so, not sure why those players would come here, really no relation?


No, EVE: Valkyrie is being produced by the studio that makes EVE Online.
It is a spinoff of that MMO.

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Thu May 05, 2016 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:00 am
Posts: 1009
Unread post Re: New Smack Talk Forum
AFter reading the posts over there. I think a few kids need to have their mouths washed out with soap. :roll: I bet your mother would smack the taste out of your mouth if she seen what was stated... :lol: :lol:

_________________
There I go getting Ship Destroyed AGAIN :)

Image


Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.