View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:42 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Player Conduct 

Should players be allowed to post XXX porn during a tournament?
Yes 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
No 71%  71%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 14

 Player Conduct 
Author Message
Ensign
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:56 pm
Posts: 249
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
What does liberalism have to do with not freaking out over a naughty word?
Here we go again.

You want respect? Then give some.

_________________
Image
Image
Image Image


Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:38 pm
Profile
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Been Debating with myself for the last two days if i wanted to get into to this. I guess I'm pretty board here in the hospital, so ill add my 2cents.

Personally as a game op i don't get into to whats said on fed comm, mainly as it can be turned off. But, I think I am part of the cause here. During the Ice Tourney. I didn't stop anyone from saying anything. Until someone took it way to far. Micro Saw that and didn't want a repeat on his server. I personally don't blame him.

And I gotta say, In the future I will Prob add some regulations as to fed comm chat on my server as well. I don't know how far i will take it, still thinking on that.

Bottom line is this: Micro's Server, Micro's rules You have to respect that. also given the fact that you play there for free.

Shadow, You lost the game we had found your bases, the night b4 we crashed your cashing party. SDed half your corp. it was basicily over. Yes you could have dragged it out longer but you know it was over. You didn't Practice, and a major meltdown of a player in your corp. nothing went your way. It happends that way some times in this game.

Im kinda thinking you did what you did, knowning what Micro would do so you'd have someone to blame, It was your way out. Speaking for our Corp this is not how we wanted to win. but as I said it was really over anyways.

But in the end if you act like a child you kinda get treated like one.

ok 2cents paid.

sk

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
TWGS V2 Telnet://SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
TWGS V1 Telnet://V1.SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
Website: http://sk-ice9.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/


Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:17 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Star Killer wrote:
Been Debating with myself for the last two days if i wanted to get into to this. I guess I'm pretty board here in the hospital, so ill add my 2cents.


Your wife mentioned that you were in the hospital on ICQ. Sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing serious.

Star Killer wrote:
Shadow, You lost the game we had found your bases, the night b4 we crashed your cashing party. SDed half your corp. it was basicily over. Yes you could have dragged it out longer but you know it was over. You didn't Practice, and a major meltdown of a player in your corp. nothing went your way. It happends that way some times in this game.


SK, I have a lot of respect for you, which is why I am responding to this. You've always treated me fairly even though we've had disagreements.

We certainly didn't practice as much as your team did, but we did practice, and as Hammer already noted in the trash talk forum, my team did a fantastic job of entry on day one (which we had focused on). We got red cashing faster and using far less turns than you did, and were substantially ahead for a while. The reason is that we very intentionally did not focus on planets. I believed, and still do, that the key to this game was red cashing, so we started planets solely for the purpose of eventually being mobile for both offense and megas. However, with none of the planets going mobile for more than a week, this was a long term strategy that we invested little in.

So, as you probably noticed when you found one of our two primary bases (we had two primary and a few others as well), the planets had only the minimum amount of colos and resources needed to keep them upgrading. Invading that base had zero impact on our ability to play the game. SDing a couple of us, including me after I stupidly cloaked in the base at the end of the day, did hurt us; but capping/destroying useless planets didn't, especially with another equally sized base with planets upgrading in a different location.

Sure, you SDed some people. I think *you* were actually the only person we killed, so you were ahead in that category. But so what? We had zero problem getting our players back in the next day, lost a couple of ships big deal.

We had over $100m cash (in a relatively low cash game) stashed on blue players at dock that you couldn't touch, planets upgrading, and the ability to last through all of us being killed many more times while still having enough cash for fully loaded IDCs to come after you.

I'm pretty sure we also had the lead in grid, by a decent margin. We certainly had a good amount of it.

I cannot possibly comprehend how you could think this game was "over."

Star Killer wrote:
Im kinda thinking you did what you did, knowning what Micro would do so you'd have someone to blame, It was your way out. Speaking for our Corp this is not how we wanted to win. but as I said it was really over anyways.


You're free to believe whatever makes you happy about how the tournament ended, but it's simply not correct. I did not choose to be ejected from the game nor did I have the slightest belief, for even a second, that such an action would occur. I was stunned.

Star Killer wrote:
But in the end if you act like a child you kinda get treated like one.


When the rules in a tournament are enforced in an arbitrary and capricious way (and it is very clear that I did not violate any of the posted rules - see earlier discussion), we all lose. Regardless of anyone's feelings about how another player acts.

_________________
Image


Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:32 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 554
Location: Rural Indiana
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Shadow wrote:
Star Killer wrote:
Been Debating with myself for the last two days if i wanted to get into to this. I guess I'm pretty board here in the hospital, so ill add my 2cents.


Your wife mentioned that you were in the hospital on ICQ. Sorry to hear that, hope it's nothing serious.

Star Killer wrote:
Shadow, You lost the game we had found your bases, the night b4 we crashed your cashing party. SDed half your corp. it was basicily over. Yes you could have dragged it out longer but you know it was over. You didn't Practice, and a major meltdown of a player in your corp. nothing went your way. It happends that way some times in this game.


SK, I have a lot of respect for you, which is why I am responding to this. You've always treated me fairly even though we've had disagreements.

We certainly didn't practice as much as your team did, but we did practice, and as Hammer already noted in the trash talk forum, my team did a fantastic job of entry on day one (which we had focused on). We got red cashing faster and using far less turns than you did, and were substantially ahead for a while. The reason is that we very intentionally did not focus on planets. I believed, and still do, that the key to this game was red cashing, so we started planets solely for the purpose of eventually being mobile for both offense and megas. However, with none of the planets going mobile for more than a week, this was a long term strategy that we invested little in.

So, as you probably noticed when you found one of our two primary bases (we had two primary and a few others as well), the planets had only the minimum amount of colos and resources needed to keep them upgrading. Invading that base had zero impact on our ability to play the game. SDing a couple of us, including me after I stupidly cloaked in the base at the end of the day, did hurt us; but capping/destroying useless planets didn't, especially with another equally sized base with planets upgrading in a different location.

Sure, you SDed some people. I think *you* were actually the only person we killed, so you were ahead in that category. But so what? We had zero problem getting our players back in the next day, lost a couple of ships big deal.

We had over $100m cash (in a relatively low cash game) stashed on blue players at dock that you couldn't touch, planets upgrading, and the ability to last through all of us being killed many more times while still having enough cash for fully loaded IDCs to come after you.

I'm pretty sure we also had the lead in grid, by a decent margin. We certainly had a good amount of it.

I cannot possibly comprehend how you could think this game was "over."

Star Killer wrote:
Im kinda thinking you did what you did, knowning what Micro would do so you'd have someone to blame, It was your way out. Speaking for our Corp this is not how we wanted to win. but as I said it was really over anyways.


You're free to believe whatever makes you happy about how the tournament ended, but it's simply not correct. I did not choose to be ejected from the game nor did I have the slightest belief, for even a second, that such an action would occur. I was stunned.

Star Killer wrote:
But in the end if you act like a child you kinda get treated like one.


When the rules in a tournament are enforced in an arbitrary and capricious way (and it is very clear that I did not violate any of the posted rules - see earlier discussion), we all lose. Regardless of anyone's feelings about how another player acts.


Well you podded me but didn't SD me. But only cause of a server drop during ZTM.(LIKE it matters now hehe)

as far as the game goes, we know you didnt have another base we had all the cits. but in the end its a point of view thing, you have yours and we have ours(But ours is right hehe)



For The record tho Micro warned me the same time he warned you about fedcomm chatter

but the really is no point in rehashing this any farther

ask

_________________
Star Killer
USA(RETIRED)
Proud Member of Killbillies & Cloud09 Perma Corps
Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
TWGS V2 Telnet://SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
TWGS V1 Telnet://V1.SK-TWGS.COM:2002]
Website: http://sk-ice9.com
TeamSpeak 3 Server: ts3server://sk-twgs.com
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
ICQ: 693542389
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
The Sprawl V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/


Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:21 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Posts: 114
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Shadow wrote:


So, as you probably noticed when you found one of our two primary bases (we had two primary and a few others as well), the planets had only the minimum amount of colos and resources needed to keep them upgrading. Invading that base had zero impact on our ability to play the game. SDing a couple of us, including me after I stupidly cloaked in the base at the end of the day, did hurt us; but capping/destroying useless planets didn't, especially with another equally sized base with planets upgrading in a different location.

Sure, you SDed some people. I think *you* were actually the only person we killed, so you were ahead in that category. But so what? We had zero problem getting our players back in the next day, lost a couple of ships big deal.

We had over $100m cash (in a relatively low cash game) stashed on blue players at dock that you couldn't touch, planets upgrading, and the ability to last through all of us being killed many more times while still having enough cash for fully loaded IDCs to come after you.

I'm pretty sure we also had the lead in grid, by a decent margin. We certainly had a good amount of it.

I cannot possibly comprehend how you could think this game was "over."
.


I'm not sure how you thought you had any planet assets the night we crashed your gridding unless the stats screen was in error.
When I ran corpinfo we had "25 of 24 citadels"

I found planets of yours upgraded at 3 locations, two obvious bases, one SDT area. I also found 2-3 other SDT areas. So perhaps you didn't notice me taking out your second base?

We took 3-400k cols of you in one of the bases. Also got to take out 600k sector ftrs at nice odds as they were in sector and 2-3 ICs full of ftrs at good odds as ships were empty. Sadly Willow had X'd out of her IC as I photoned that sector. So there was a massive win there in ftrs alone, i.e. killing off 800k for 400k (really guessing numbers here, but was a massive win for us).

Grid, u may or may not had more grid but I had 90% of the sector explored. I had checked 98% of dead ends and any tunnel greater than 1 sector in the last few days. And had a system to monitor them.

So a week in you had zero citadels, unless they upgraded last extern. I was able to find your new cashing spots, hence we crashed the party. You had 100mil cash, less than a day of cashing?

We were about to consolidate our planets so you couldn't take any. We only had so many in case you found some early. So we were going to drop the number to an amount you couldn't take. And therefore be a week ahead on mega robbing.

We killed 5-8 of year just after extern over the tourney, thats 12.5-20k turns GONE. If not more, can't recall exactly. ANother massive advantage to use. IT's a numbers game..

While it wasn't game over yet, you were had a significant disadvantage.
If I was you I'd not admit defeat but I'd at least recognize I was pushing the brown stuff up hill :)

This is the reason I'm pissed it ended, because I wanted to finish you off :)

I hadn't even had a chance to test out the game specific gridder killer script when Zyrian eventually got off our payroll.


Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:47 am
Profile
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
V'Ger wrote:
Sometimes I miss this game... then I come to the forums...
I just joined you!

and so many others that players have driven away...

We provide a FREE service, and I really don't see the point when players don't appreciate or respect you for doing it... It isn't free either, there are hardware costs and internet service and other fees...

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Hammer_2 wrote:
While it wasn't game over yet, you were had a significant disadvantage.
If I was you I'd not admit defeat but I'd at least recognize I was pushing the brown stuff up hill :)

This is the reason I'm pissed it ended, because I wanted to finish you off :)


No disagreement there. You and TBH did a great job hunting, in particular. I have respect for how your team played and you were clearly at an advantage, I was just arguing with the "it was over" statements. As you already know, I don't go down easy, and I try to take as many people down with me as possible :)

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:31 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Shadow wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
While it wasn't game over yet, you were had a significant disadvantage.
If I was you I'd not admit defeat but I'd at least recognize I was pushing the brown stuff up hill :)

This is the reason I'm pissed it ended, because I wanted to finish you off :)


No disagreement there. You and TBH did a great job hunting, in particular. I have respect for how your team played and you were clearly at an advantage, I was just arguing with the "it was over" statements. As you already know, I don't go down easy, and I try to take as many people down with me as possible :)

... and yet you chose to quit ...
aka suicide by cop...

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:55 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Micro wrote:
Shadow wrote:
Hammer_2 wrote:
While it wasn't game over yet, you were had a significant disadvantage.
If I was you I'd not admit defeat but I'd at least recognize I was pushing the brown stuff up hill :)

This is the reason I'm pissed it ended, because I wanted to finish you off :)


No disagreement there. You and TBH did a great job hunting, in particular. I have respect for how your team played and you were clearly at an advantage, I was just arguing with the "it was over" statements. As you already know, I don't go down easy, and I try to take as many people down with me as possible :)

... and yet you chose to quit ...
aka suicide by cop...


More like homicide by cop. Suicide implies intent on the part of the victim.

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:02 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3626
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Shadow wrote:

We had over $100m cash (in a relatively low cash game) stashed on blue players at dock that you couldn't touch, planets upgrading, and the ability to last through all of us being killed many more times while still having enough cash for fully loaded IDCs to come after you.



We were cashing 150M - 200M each night and laughing every time you surrounded SD using your IDC.

We started 12 citadels within the last 7 minutes of day one, after the first extern, we were the only corp with cits. Rather than spending cash on loaded IDC for "show" at SD, we spent cash on eprobes. Face it, you didn't prepare as well as we did and it showed.

The game was over and you did die by suicide... it was your choice to create planets at SD when named resembled a self portrait. :lol:

Now apologize to Micro.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:58 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1800
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Shadow wrote:
More like homicide by cop. Suicide implies intent on the part of the victim.

It is not implied, there is no other explanation.

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:51 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Micro wrote:
Shadow wrote:
More like homicide by cop. Suicide implies intent on the part of the victim.

It is not implied, there is no other explanation.


The only thing there is no explanation for is the act you took, given that it was not justified by the rules you posted in advance of the tournament.

This is a cute game you're playing here, but its fantasy land. I didn't intend to be banned, I would never have done it if there was a published rule against it, and none of this explains or justifies your actions.

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:13 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 am
Posts: 139
Location: Molon Labe
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Were you banned permanently, given a 24-hour time out, or banned until you publicly/privately apologized?

The day prior he had stated he was going to edit out your fully loaded IDC if you did not rereg it to remove a foul name within ten-minutes, and still you did not think he was serious about obscenities, so you pushed the issue to the max, with images of middle fingers, genitalia, and sex acts?

(What needs to happen first, stamp it out onto a club and repeatedly beat you in the head with it? --Metaphorically of course.)

_________________
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote of the month: "It’s pretty easy to avoid but I’ve just been living life on the edge." — Hammer


Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:23 am
Profile ICQ
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
Adept wrote:
Were you banned permanently, given a 24-hour time out, or banned until you publicly/privately apologized?

The day prior he had stated he was going to edit out your fully loaded IDC if you did not rereg it to remove a foul name within ten-minutes, and still you did not think he was serious about obscenities, so you pushed the issue to the max, with images of middle fingers, genitalia, and sex acts?

(What needs to happen first, stamp it out onto a club and repeatedly beat you in the head with it? --Metaphorically of course.)


You were in the game. What racist, sexist or religious insult did I make? Please enlighten us.

Quote:
5. Player Conduct

a. All players will refrain from offensive language regarding race, sex, or religion in any form of in-game communication and on the TeamSpeak server. This also applies to player handles, and the naming of any in-game object such as beacons, ships, planets, ports, etc…

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1044
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Player Conduct
V'Ger wrote:
Sometimes I miss this game... then I come to the forums...


This...

////
It is common sense to not be a vulgar, asshat to random people during a game (double so if you were given a freaking warning!). There isn't a mainstream game/platform in existence that would allow that. Console, phones and PC all have report options for a reason. Playing a game anonymously does not give someone carte blanche to be toxic and honestly is one of the larger issues at hand. Sysops have very little power beyond t-edit which makes them basically babysitters.

One could argue that a good sysop not only has the right but the moral obligation to ensure his/her player-base are able to enjoy their game environment without offensive behavior.

Shadow wrote:
2. I was not actually warned at all about what you supposedly banned me for. You told me not to name ships something offensive, and I did not do that after you told me not to. You told me not to post offensive images to fedcom and I did not do that after you told me not to. It's really hard to not get banned for violating rules that are not published when you randomly create rules on the fly.


Actually you admit yourself you were warned, twice even. Why would you then take it to a different medium after he asked you (told you) not to do something twice, across two different mediums? He shouldn't be required via your lack of association to say don't post offensive stuff and then list every item in the game.

Stop making excuses, man up and take responsibility for your actions.

_________________
Dark Dominion TWGS
Telnet://twgs.darkworlds.org:23
ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."


Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 am
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.