View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:25 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors. 
Author Message
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 1792
Location: Oklahoma City, OK 73170 US
Unread post Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Due to recent attitudes of a few players, I am shutting down both of my game servers. The website will remain up, so you will still know where to play.

_________________
Regards,
Micro

Website: http://www.microblaster.net
TWGS1.03/TW3.13: telnet://twgs.twfm.net:2002
TeamSpeak3: ts.microblaster.net:9987

"The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”


Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Chief Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:01 am
Posts: 139
Location: Molon Labe
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
I would hope for you to reconsider, we certainly cannot sustain further losses due to the continued jackassery of others.

_________________
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote of the month: "It’s pretty easy to avoid but I’ve just been living life on the edge." — Hammer


Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:00 am
Posts: 3621
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Your closing will leave a huge hole in our community, I hope you reconsider but I also understand your frustration.

This is just a game, yet there still remain a few bad apples, bullies if you will who insist that they can do whatever they want.

_________________
Image
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team


Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2002

flash client: http://Cruncherstw.no-ip.biz:2004/PlayTW.html
Web page from 1990's: http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW


Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:26 am
Posts: 165
Location: Martensville SK Canada
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
i feel your pain, Micro.

even though i was not a sysop for very long, i found that others don't follow the rules that are meant to make the game enjoyable for everyone. except the rule breakers. that if they cannot play they will make it as unenjoyable for those who want to play for the fun of it or are trying to follow the rules that are in place instead.

i have in fact given up like you have. except if you have goals, you should first try to achieve those goals then base your server around those goals. my goals where to host a server that people who don't play that often could play just to see what the game is all about.

what were your goals when hosting your server? did you achieve those goals. are you going to cut down the entire tree just because of a few bad apples? if so why? did you plant oranges and got lemons instead?

there will always be rule benders. and even rule breakers. because they feel they can, they will. remember if you stick to your guns.

"at first they will ignore you.
then they will laugh at you.
then they will fight you.
then you will win."

Mahatma Gandhi

_________________
http://bbs.slother3x.info
http://www.slother3x.info My own website, hosted by myself.

"it only takes one to ruin it for all"
"The promises of our youth will always haunt us in the wisdom of our old age"


Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:25 am
Profile YIM
Gameop
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 1044
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Sorry to hear that, while I havn't played in years I hate that ppl still are ruining this game for others with their piss poor attitudes. It's to bad JP doesn't have more time Botlink would serve as a way to enforce the rules and make sysop life significantly easier.

_________________
Dark Dominion TWGS
Telnet://twgs.darkworlds.org:23
ICQ#31380757, -=English 101 pwns me=-
"This one claims to have been playing since 1993 and didn't know upgrading a port would raise his alignment."


Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:37 am
Profile ICQ
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Micro wrote:
Due to recent attitudes of a few players, I am shutting down both of my game servers. The website will remain up, so you will still know where to play.


You've already banned me from your server, and I am pretty sure that tournament is the only time I ever played there anyway. So there is zero chance of me playing there again. You're taking your marbles and going home to make a point? And I am the one acting like a "child"?

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1303
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Shadow wrote:
Micro wrote:
Due to recent attitudes of a few players, I am shutting down both of my game servers. The website will remain up, so you will still know where to play.


You've already banned me from your server, and I am pretty sure that tournament is the only time I ever played there anyway. So there is zero chance of me playing there again. You're taking your marbles and going home to make a point? And I am the one acting like a "child"?


You're far from the only "child" here, so it is more of a preventative, sanity-saving measure.
If the only people left playing this game are uncouth, uneducated, and unprincipled, then what is the point of giving them a place to play?

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Warrant Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:00 am
Posts: 88
Location: Virginia
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Oso wrote:
[You're far from the only "child" here, so it is more of a preventative, sanity-saving measure.
If the only people left playing this game are uncouth, uneducated, and unprincipled, then what is the point of giving them a place to play?


Says the forum moderator who calls people names before shutting down threads. A model of good behavior for us all.

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:37 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:00 am
Posts: 1303
Location: USA
Unread post Re: Micrblaster.net is closing it's doors.
Shadow wrote:
Oso wrote:
[You're far from the only "child" here, so it is more of a preventative, sanity-saving measure.
If the only people left playing this game are uncouth, uneducated, and unprincipled, then what is the point of giving them a place to play?


Says the forum moderator who calls people names before shutting down threads. A model of good behavior for us all.


My threads, my rules.
If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

_________________
Infecting others with a Polymorphic Virus since 1975.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.


Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.