View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Star Killer's Ice9/The Sprawl News 
Commander

Unread post Star Killer's Ice9/The Sprawl News
Some of you have noticed that the server speed on my server(s) has dropped off in the last few days. here why. for financial reasons i have shut down the remote server i was paying for and moved everything back to my home. it was gettting harder and harder to justify such a large expenise just for trade wars. turns out my new internet at home is still not good enough to run the server. some of the comments ive gotten in the last few days have said "too slow""unplayable" if you feel this way about my FREE server feel free to play eslewhere.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Star Killer's Ice9/The Sprawl News
Bad.

As you posted, you are providing a FREE game service.

I remember similar in the past, searches here/yahoo tw groups, twgs.org will bring them up.

Eleq's system went down, lightning or surge, cant rem, 2000 or so. He drove miles at odd hours of the night and bought hardware to repair AFAIR. Meanwhile, got dog's abuse on ICQ and email.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:20 pm
Lieutenant J.G.

Hiya Sk,

People will be people, and they may have innocently complained not realizing you've moved? (ok, I'm being optimistic here).

If you move to a VPS similar to what I use, which isn't a whole server it's quite reasonable in pricing. Think I'm paying 15$ a month or similar.

Give the community is full of mostly working age people who should have some spare cash perhaps we can chip in some costs?

I'll get the ball rolling and chip in a initial $90 for the first 6 months. Given how busy I am I doubt I'll get to play in that time. However when I do, I too like lag free, and I assure I have the best tolerance to lag as I've played tradewars all my life from the most isolated city in the world!
$90 is also what I'd pay for a video game like BF here in Perth, given I rarely buy games I'm happy to chip in yearly.

I use Atlantic, Sando put me onto it, he might even be able to help you.

Let me know, there is no shortage of mouthy trade wars addicts who can surely put their money where that mouth is :)

Hammer

p.s. I blame it on Trump

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm
Commander

Hammer_2 wrote:
Hiya Sk,

People will be people, and they may have innocently complained not realizing you've moved? (ok, I'm being optimistic here).

If you move to a VPS similar to what I use, which isn't a whole server it's quite reasonable in pricing. Think I'm paying 15$ a month or similar.

Give the community is full of mostly working age people who should have some spare cash perhaps we can chip in some costs?

I'll get the ball rolling and chip in a initial $90 for the first 6 months. Given how busy I am I doubt I'll get to play in that time. However when I do, I too like lag free, and I assure I have the best tolerance to lag as I've played tradewars all my life from the most isolated city in the world!
$90 is also what I'd pay for a video game like BF here in Perth, given I rarely buy games I'm happy to chip in yearly.

Let me know, there is no shortage of mouthy trade wars addicts who can surely put their money where that mouth is :)

Hammer

p.s. I blame it on Trump

Yeah Ive been looking at VPS's today since im having trouble with the v1 and might go that route for it at least as a test. thanks for your input.

p.s. you have to blame Pres Obama. When he was in everything was blamed on Pres. Bush, So now that its Pres. Trump you have blame Pres. Obama. its how it works....LOL

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Hammer_2 wrote:
Hiya Sk,

Hammer

p.s. I blame it on Trump

Thanks for the advice on that VPN testing it now with the v1...will see what we have...

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Pretty sure we have a handle on whats going on here. Looks like my home isp has some kinda of data cap on their bandwith on how much they can pull at one time. so during prime time hours, 7-11 ET they are hitting that cap and everything slows down. they rest of the time everything is fine.

The V1 is remote again remote hosted.(tho not on as good of server as it was b4) but seams to be working fine for now. I am looking at options for the v2 now so baer with me.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]