View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Explaining my actions with my game M 
Commander

Unread post Explaining my actions with my game M
A brief history of this game....

A few months back a couple of, well to be nice we will call them less experienced players. asked for a 30 truce game of a certain edit. So i agreed to run it and after picking the wrong edit.(Should have been Utl. Borg, instead of AR) We ran a game. Well its pretty common knowledge what happened there
(if you don't know and want to read about See: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35292
tho one of the people involved edited out his posts you can still get the jest of what happened)

So i closed the game and tried again.(with the correct edit) This time making it a regulated(more Rules) game on my server.

In the two weeks that game ran I received 28 Emails, Pms and ICQ messages(the real number not exaggerated) From every player in the game(Except LoneStar) Complaining about the actions of other players(Except LoneStar).

So I gave up. I closed the game again.(the game has been since reopened and made private for the 3 players who asked for it to begin with)

So long story short(I know to late LOL) There will be NO MORE truce games on my server EVER. So dont ask for one.

I know we have been down the road before But I have run truce games for years with little or no issues.(AND i'm hardheaded and didn't want to give up on them as I see the value in them)

IF/When JP ever returns and adds truce settings I will bring them back, but not until then.

sk

Playing with integrity is more important than winning
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
2015 Lottery Tournament Winning Team Member
2016 Big Game Draft Tournament Winning Team Member
HHT 2016 Champs: Cloud09
HHT 2021 Champs(Just For Showing Up)
HHT 2022 Champs(For 90mins of Play)

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
Email: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com
Discord: Star Killer#0358
Ice 9 V2 TWGS: SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS: V1.SK-TWGS.COM PORT 2002
Now The Fastest TWGS in the West
https://www.facebook.com/StarKillersTradeWars/
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Explaining my actions with my game M
Ahem. I wanted to complain about 'The Borg'... they constantly targetted my Grid, and erased my Base figs... never found time to draft the email. lol.

You run a great Server (x2)

Thanks for all you efforts.

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:43 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Star Killer wrote:
A brief history of this game....

A few months back a couple of, well to be nice we will call them less experienced players. asked for a 30 truce game of a certain edit. So i agreed to run it and after picking the wrong edit.(Should have been Utl. Borg, instead of AR) We ran a game. Well its pretty common knowledge what happened there
(if you don't know and want to read about See: http://www.classictw.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35292
tho one of the people involved edited out his posts you can still get the jest of what happened)

So i closed the game and tried again.(with the correct edit) This time making it a regulated(more Rules) game on my server.

In the two weeks that game ran I received 28 Emails, Pms and ICQ messages(the real number not exaggerated) From every player in the game(Except LoneStar) Complaining about the actions of other players(Except LoneStar).

So I gave up. I closed the game again.(the game has been since reopened and made private for the 3 players who asked for it to begin with)

So long story short(I know to late LOL) There will be NO MORE truce games on my server EVER. So dont ask for one.

I know we have been down the road before But I have run truce games for years with little or no issues.(AND i'm hardheaded and didn't want to give up on them as I see the value in them)

IF/When JP ever returns and adds truce settings I will bring them back, but not until then.

sk

First and foremost you own the Darn server so why explain yourself? You have all of these emails and icq numbers from people who want truce games. It may take a bit to build that list but why not announce it to those individuals and add an account to a closed game? Honestly it probably will be a bit of tideous work but you run a solid twgs and people do FLOCK to your server to play the various types of games.

Also, thank you for unbanning me. For myself it's probably just best if I stay away because I have an issue following the rules for some reason. Also to the players who've i've pissed off on your server by bending the rules into my favor. I apologize. Being a TWGS sysop should not be about baby sitting some bored assholes who want/like to spoil games. Perhaps a new leaf has been turned over on this end? :)

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 pm
Gameop

For the record I also never messaged you and complained... I was actually starting to enjoy that game.

HHT 2020

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Kane wrote:
For the record I also never messaged you and complained... I was actually starting to enjoy that game.

Oh yeah sorry... Forgot about you.... :) I had no problems with Kane either.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS
To help offset the server(s) hosting bill donate via PayPal to: starkillerstwgs@yahoo.com

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Star Killer wrote:
Kane wrote:

Oh yeah sorry... Forgot about you.... :) I had no problems with Kane either.

sk

How about you take a vote in these games (if you were ever to run one) if there are complaints and if there is a unanimous vote that another player should be removed, they are removed.

Because when we had 10 or so players in that game, I 100% guarantee you Helix would have been voted out of it by unanimous consent.

And yeah, as I admitted, I decided to take justice into my own hands (in violation of your policies) and got temporarily banned for it. But it was far from unprovoked. As your web site says, you poke the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:48 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

I've never run a truce game. Not because I'm against them or anything. It's just that I heard it required me to monitor game activity and I'm not interested in that.

66.26.112.116:2002

MicroBlaster:
http://www.microblaster.net/ServerDetai ... erverid=66

One day, the entire Tradewars 2002 fanbase will tremble at the mere mention of "Lionmane." Too bad it's not my name!?!?! -Krovach

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:15 am
Ambassador

Lionmane wrote:
I've never run a truce game. Not because I'm against them or anything. It's just that I heard it required me to monitor game activity and I'm not interested in that.

I have almost never had one run smoothly.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Lieutenant

Micro wrote:
Lionmane wrote:

I've been in some that ended badly, but I have played in literally hundreds and the vast majority ran with no problems. It really depends on who shows up.

I have never been in one with Helix that ran smoothly, that I can say for sure.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

Shadow wrote:
Micro wrote:
Lionmane wrote:

I've been in some that ended badly, but I have played in literally hundreds and the vast majority ran with no problems. It really depends on who shows up.

I have never been in one with Helix that ran smoothly, that I can say for sure.

Ive run dozens over the last few years with little or no issues, until these last few.... but as stated its not something I will repeat.

sk

Star Killer's Ice9 TWGS
Viper's Pit V1 TWGS

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]