www.ClassicTW.com
http://classictw.com/

Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?
http://classictw.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35563
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Vader [ Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

I used to have Rev's scripts but they went the way of my last hard drive.

Author:  LoneStar [ Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Hey Vader!

Attachments:
Oh-B.jpg
Oh-B.jpg [ 11.3 KiB | Viewed 2170 times ]

Author:  Cruncher [ Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Vader wrote:
I used to have Rev's scripts but they went the way of my last hard drive.



Actually I do.

Attachments:
Reverend's Scripts.zip [631.82 KiB]
Downloaded 77 times

Author:  Vader [ Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

I get some error when running almost every script. It may be the Zoc version I'm running. What version was stable in the early 2000's that might be available still?

Author:  Kavanagh [ Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Vader wrote:
I get some error when running almost every script. It may be the Zoc version I'm running. What version was stable in the early 2000's that might be available still?


Emtec still has old versions available for download at:

https://www.emtec.com/download.html?what=zoc#zocfiles

- This site lists:

Older ZOC Versions and other ZOC Resources
• ZOC Versions 7.xx (previous): http://www.emtec.com/zoc/zoc7_previous/ (Windows and macOS 64/32-bit)
• ZOC Version 6.69 or earlier: http://www.emtec.com/zoc/zoc6/ (Windows and macOS 32-bit)
• ZOC Version 5.12: http://www.emtec.com/zoc/zoc5/ (Windows only)
• ZOC Version 4.15: http://www.emtec.com/zoc/zoc4/ (Windows and OS/2)
• ZOC Version 3.17: http://www.emtec.com/zoc/zoc3/ (Windows and OS/2)
• All ZOC files on our server: http://www.emtec.com/zoc
• Download ZOC via Tucows.com or one of it's mirror sites


I think 3.17 might go back to W98 times.

EDIT:

Some of above links broken, this has V3.17 through all the V6s, and I think also a version earlier than 3:

https://www.emtec.com/downloads/zoc/

Author:  Kane [ Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

I think version 4 possibly 5 would run Rev's scripts.

Author:  Vader [ Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

That's fantastic. Zoc 5 looks very familiar. I do keep getting errors though. This is from part trade:

Error 41 on line 245 of C:\Users\Laptop\Desktop\RevScripts\_pairtrade.zrx: Bad arithmetic conversion

Author:  Kane [ Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

I'm using 7 now, wish I still had a copy of my registered version 4 or 5. I haven't used rev's scripts in years. I wonder if his would work better in a older version. Now that I'm thinking about it I vaguely remember somewhere in that time frame his scrips would no longer work correctly with the new versions of ZOC. Also if I recall correctly V4 was the one I preferred for TW. Something in 5 changed and didn't make it as user friendly for the TW players.

Author:  Micro [ Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

It could also be a problem with TWGS ver 2.x compatibility as I am sure those scripts were not updated.

Author:  Kavanagh [ Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Kane wrote:
I'm using 7 now, wish I still had a copy of my registered version 4 or 5. I haven't used rev's scripts in years. I wonder if his would work better in a older version. Now that I'm thinking about it I vaguely remember somewhere in that time frame his scrips would no longer work correctly with the new versions of ZOC. Also if I recall correctly V4 was the one I preferred for TW. Something in 5 changed and didn't make it as user friendly for the TW players.


My memory was that the unreg versions had all the functionality of the unreg. To check, I just installed 4.15, still seems true, docs even quote:
"Restrictions in Evaluation Mode
There are no technical restrictions in evaluation mode, i.e. the evaluation version of ZOC is fully functional."


There is a nag screen, but it does not affect functionality, and if memory serves, there is a hack to eliminate it, something to do with the phone book.

Author:  Kane [ Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Kavanagh wrote:
Kane wrote:
I'm using 7 now, wish I still had a copy of my registered version 4 or 5. I haven't used rev's scripts in years. I wonder if his would work better in a older version. Now that I'm thinking about it I vaguely remember somewhere in that time frame his scrips would no longer work correctly with the new versions of ZOC. Also if I recall correctly V4 was the one I preferred for TW. Something in 5 changed and didn't make it as user friendly for the TW players.


My memory was that the unreg versions had all the functionality of the unreg. To check, I just installed 4.15, still seems true, docs even quote:
"Restrictions in Evaluation Mode
There are no technical restrictions in evaluation mode, i.e. the evaluation version of ZOC is fully functional."


There is a nag screen, but it does not affect functionality, and if memory serves, there is a hack to eliminate it, something to do with the phone book.


Yeah everything works, the nag screen is annoying. it's like 200 seconds of not being able to do anything! :lol:

Author:  Kavanagh [ Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Does anyone still use Zoc/TWGS setup?

Attachment:
_pairtrade.zip [31.25 KiB]
Downloaded 61 times
Vader wrote:
That's fantastic. Zoc 5 looks very familiar. I do keep getting errors though. This is from part trade:

Error 41 on line 245 of C:\Users\Laptop\Desktop\RevScripts\_pairtrade.zrx: Bad arithmetic conversion


I'm not very REXX/ZOC literate, but unless ZOC has passed values to that script (can ZOC do that?), I can't see how that could work. Line 245 is:

profit.i = offer.1 - offer.0
meaning, assign the value of the numeric variable offer.1 minus the value of the numeric variable offer.0 to the variable profit.i

- problem is, neither offer.1 nor offer.0 appear anywhere else in the script (except in a commented out line), so you get the error shown.

Attached is an older version without that and related lines, I haven't tried it. Had to rename the script .zip (it isn't zipped), CTW wouldn't let me sent zrx or txt, rename it _pairtrade.zrx to run it.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/