View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 TW Helpers 
Sergeant

Unread post 
I was finally able to setup a door to my TW2002 version 3.09 game through Synchronet BBS. However, I am having problems finding a reliable helper.

I tried TWAR for windows, but many things don't work. When I try to mass-colonize aplanet via round trips to sector PPPP to sector 1, even if I specify the right planet numbers to land on, TWAR issues an 'ether probe' command somewhere along the way to totally kill the efficiency >:( . Also, when I try to trade using the Port Trading Pairs option, I get the message 'No port exists within 4 hops' even when there is CLEARLY a port in the sector I am in and the sector(s) immediately around it. And yes, these ports are actually complementary pairs (eg BBS and SSB, respectively) >:X . Furthermore, after 5 minutes of usage, the 'Thanks for evaluating TWAR screen' appears telling me to purchase or hit 'OK' to continue evaluating, but there is no OK button *barf*! From there, I can't continue evaluating and the only way to close this is to forcefully end the process from my task manager! I guess all you people were right with all your TWAR-bashing.

I also evaluated ATTAC, but this telnet client functions strangely. It takes some of my key inputs as double, especially the ENTER key. And when I try to use a script, the ATTAC Telnet session writes some strange characters to the screen and freezes (I can still access the toolbars and menu)! Keep in mind that I am telnetting to 127.0.0.1, port 23, to test my local game.

What other helpers may work better for me? I am using Windows 2000 Pro and Synchronet BBS.

Sat Apr 21, 2001 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]