View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 J-TWAT 1.0 Beta Release on 4/13/01 (YATWHWASA) 
Sergeant Major

Unread post 
(Jave Tradewars Attac Terminal) (Yet Another TradeWars Helper With A Stupid Acronym)

There's nothing like working under a deadline, so Hammer and I have decided to get our lollygagging asses in gear and put this puppy to bed.

J-TWAT 1.0 Beta will be offered for download and evaluation on Friday, April 13th (Good Friday if you live in a nunnery and don't have calendars). The code is 95% complete, and right now we're just going to be adding fixes, help files, and making things more stable. This will be a BETA release, meaning that there will probably be problems. We're not expecting any serious errors, since I'll be posting any new code to goosemoose.com in a few days. Mainly we would like good feedback from the community about speed, reliability, features, and ease of use. The download will include an easy way to automatically download and use the latest version from Sourceforge.

Just a quick rundown of some of the features:

-All the basic scripts you'd expect in a helper.
-Full on auto-scripts (autoTrade, SSM, SST, ship explore,etc) for those relaxed, high turn games (not recommended for anything serious ;) ).
-Easy bust list management (share with friends or corp, filter and automatically clear busts of corpmates), enabling you to run SST/SDT with a corpmate for as long as you have turns (and refurbs).
-99% accurate ZTM scripts
-Bubble searching
-Sysops can run it as an applet for an instant and powerful web-portal into your site, or users can use it as a standalone application. (same interface)
-Sector journal for keeping notes on enemy bases. (No more messy scraps of paper!!)
-Remote storage of important game data (bust lists, sector journal, etc.) in case you play in more than one place.
-Fully extensible (you can add whatever you want to the system)
-Open-source and FREE to all

The list goes on and on, but I'm tired of typing. ;)

To try out a slightly out of date (up to date in a few days) version of J-TWAT, hit http://www.goosemoose.com/tradewars/connecttw.htm

The J-TWAT homepage is http://www.goosemoose.com/~jtwat. The sourceforge site we're hosted on (with full CVS access in case you like reading java code) is http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/j-twat

I'll be posting info there and here later on with download/install instructions later.

Oh, the Beta release will support Win platforms only. You can still run on Unix (!?!?!? Max), but there might be unknown issues with that.

If you want more information, or are interested in helping out, hit me on email (badboy@goosemoose.com) or ICQ (105123166). Hammer can be reached at dahammer2@hotmail.com

Adios,
badboy

Mon Apr 02, 2001 1:35 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]