View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Helpers and local 2002v3*.zip installations 
Private 1st Class

Unread post 
I used 2002v309.zip from the EIS site to register a local version of Trade Wars on a Windows 2000 Pro computer. There are currently 6 players and 2 corporations. And they all agree that it is an awesome game! I must say that it was well worth the $25 registration to see them this happy! :)

I run an admin account and I have allowed two different corporation directories that can only be accessed by Corp members. They tell me that they are currently using Microsoft Excel to keep track of planets and ports and premium haggling rates and they sometimes find this tiresome. Once they found out about helpers, they tried install them with no luck, and they have asked me to put one on so they could use it with their local game.

I do not have TWGS. Is it possible to utilize helpers for these stand-alone local 2002v3*.zip installations or do I have to get TWGS to properly configure any helpers like TWAR and ATTAC? I have already downloaded TWGS demo but from the looks of it, it looks like everyone will have to start from scratch because I can only create a new game using BigBang! I really don't want to do this to my friends because they seem to have spent many hours on this game.

Thanks again Martech and EIS for this wonderful game!

Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]