View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 TWX Scripts 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post 
Here are two scripts I wrote for TWX.

http://students.depaul.edu/~spostlew/tw/3_Probe.zip
http://students.depaul.edu/~spostlew/tw/3_BuyDown.zip

Here's how the e-probe script works. You have a choice of 3 options when you start it up.
1. Deadends
2. Bubbles
3. Unexplored

These are text files, the deadends and bubbles can be exported from TWX. And the 3rd file, unexplored.txt is manually created by the user. You create it by simply going into the computer and hitting "K" and then "U" to show all the sectors you haven't been to. You then copy and paste these numbers into a text file named "unexplored.txt" which needs to be in your main TWX directory.

This is helpful when you only have maybe 1000 or more sectors to explore in a 20k sector universe and most of the remaining sectors are deadends. I would suggest copying only half of the sectors or so, run the script, and then copy the sectors again to cut down on overlap.

It also counts down your credits so if you get below 75k it will halt with a message.

Any sectors that are unreachable are written to a text file named probe.txt.

To run it you simply need to be at the command prompt and sitting at SD, the script will take care of everything else including automatically refilling probes.

The Buy Down script simply purchases product from a port, in a user specified amount and dumps it on the planets surface.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments please let me know! I'd be happy to modify the scripts to make them better.

Thu May 24, 2001 1:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]