View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 SWATH auto-sst script 
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
Is there a script for SWATH like the j-twat analysis script that'll go through the list of known ports and stt at each of them? If there's is a turn-efficient one too, that'd be helpful. Thanx guys.

snipes

Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:34 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post 
I don't think so... the main reason being that it takes a long time to get the necessary data out of SWATH's database and into Java. Each sector takes a JNI call, a 5K universe takes a minute or more on a fast machine.

I actually tried to write something like this a long time ago. What stopped me finally was a bug in SWATH's script engine that would crash the whole app after so many database accesses. That bug has since been fixed, so maybe I'll give it another try. Been a while since I've played TW, much less worked on my SWATH scripts...

Hmmm.... this would be a really complicated script... ah, a challenge! :o)

Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:39 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post 
It would be a challenge.. It would put Xide's SSM pack2 script to the grave.. Let me know if it is actually done i'd just like to hear about it..knowing java swath script's can keep up with TWX script's would be a nice thing.

Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post 
It would never "keep up"... SWATH scripts are inherently slower because the built-in commands contain a lot of waits.

Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
well, I just had an idea too. You can make all the calls at the beginning of the script, so it'll download all the SST pairs. Then, you run it from the script and you don't have to wait for swath. It'll have a bit of a wait when you start the script, but at least it won't be slow through the whole thing :)

Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
Well, I'm working on an auto-SST script for twx right now. It uses SupG's pair finder script, then reads the file for the pairs, and checks which is the closest. That's as far as I've gotten as of yet. But it'll then move the two ships like j-twat does, with a type-2 t-warp ship, then it'll prolly use the 1_SST, to sst at the ports. Then after it finishes, it'll start again by check which port is the closest on the list after deleting the port you just busted at :)

I might change it around so it'll just cim, and get ALL the xxB ports, and get a list of it's own that are 7 hops away, which'll be better.

Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post 
Cool, I use TWX too sometimes, I'll be looking forward to seeing that script.

I have two big projects going on right now, one of them TW related, the other is me trying to sell a daycare center on the the joys of Linux. [:D] After that, I'm gonna port my TWXUTILS to GCC and add a couple more to the public release package. (Nice to see more helpers exporting TWX lately... [;)])

If anyone is working on a script for SWATH, here's an idea... ask the user to export a TWX file, then read it into the script. That takes all of about five seconds. I have code to read and write TWX files in Java, I'll post it if there's a call for it. (It's gonna be released soon as part of a GPL project anyhow...)

Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
1st Sergeant

Unread post 
I'm hung up on whether I should get my data from the twx database, or directly from a cim...twx will save a whole lot of time, but might not be as accurate. But then again...if it's just looking for xxB's, and not for the amount, it doesn't really matter how much has regenerated :)

Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:41 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]