View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 ANSI Progress Bar 
Commander

Unread post ANSI Progress Bar
Someone ICQ'd me about a progress bar I used once, in a tunnel-finding script. So I looked up the code, and thought I'd post it for those interested. Obviously, a progress bar can't accurately predict every routine, but one like this one with a known starting point (sector 11) and a known ending point (SECTORS), it works accurately.
Attachment:
ProgressBar.jpg
ProgressBar.jpg [ 6.11 KiB | Viewed 5044 times ]

Here is the pertinent code:
echo ANSI_15 "*Finding Tunnels : Status (| = 10%)*"
echo ANSI_15 "1% 100%" #27 "[14D"
setVar $a 11
setVar $increment ((SECTORS - 11) / 10)
setVar $coefficient 1
while ($a <= SECTORS)
if ($a > ($coefficient * $increment))
echo ANSI_12 "|"
add $coefficient 1
end
# Do the real work here
add $a 1
end

The only confusing bit of code is #27 "[14D". That is the Escape code sequence to move the cursor 14 spaces left, to the first space of the progress bar.

If memory serves, I made that script to mirror the functions of a SupG tunnel script, which also had a progress bar of sorts. And in truth, I had a much more sophisticated bubble script at the time which also found tunnels, but I dumbed it down and released that "simple" tunnel routine... just to stick it to the little guys.

Enjoy,
+EP+

Tue May 18, 2010 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: ANSI Progress Bar
Thanks for posting that routine E.P.

Very Cool

-= If Oil is made from Dinosaurs, and Plastic is made from Oil... are plastic Dinosaurs made from real Dinosaurs?
-= I like to keep my friends and my enemies rich, and wait to see which is which - Tony Stark (R.I.P.)

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

Unread post Re: ANSI Progress Bar
Heh, I'd forgotten that post, thanks for the props. I especially enjoyed my remark about sticking it to the little guys. It's always fun to look back and see you were a smart butt.

Let me know if there's something that would make that more helpful (like further explanation).

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]