View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 TWX Proxy Feature Request 
Commander

Unread post Re: TWX Proxy Feature Request
I've not tried TWX Proxy under Windows 8.

You can't suppress the Script Terminated message. If it were really important, you can make a Deaf Client, but that's another ball of wax.

Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

ElderProphet wrote:
Well that stinks. I'll compile and release a stable build by next Friday.

I have a new build ready to go, just updating the supporting docs. Should be ready any day.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

ElderProphet wrote:
ElderProphet wrote:
Well that stinks. I'll compile and release a stable build by next Friday.

I have a new build ready to go, just updating the supporting docs. Should be ready any day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... We have a tourney coming up on the 22nd so we can get to testing in a competitive environment.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

Great. It would be nice to get a little 3rd party testing before I make the release official. If anyone would like the build to check it over for any glaring errors, shoot me an email: elderprophet + AT + comcast.net.

I have the build zipped and ready to email, I'm just updating the docs.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Did my email end up in the spam folder?

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Commander

So I've not received any bug reports from the builds that I've sent out. If you've been testing the latest build, let me know of any problems encountered. If you still want to test, email me as outlined earlier and I'll send a copy.

If nothing significant gets reported this weekend, then I'll finish updating the docs and have a public version by next weekend.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Is the source code sitting in a repository somewhere? I found http://code.google.com/p/twxproxy-ep/downloads/list but it only seems to have twx 2.04 source code.

I thought you mentioned somewhere you got it to compile with a free IDE? Or would I still need to pay for a real Delphi compiler if I wanted to compile it legally?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Yep and yep. Details are here:
http://www.twxscripts.com/building-twx

Before you ask, the Turbo Delphi 2006 may be hard to find. Google it. I really like the Portable version mentioned, and it's probably easier to find, if those links no longer work. Consider finding a working version of Delphi your bar to entry. Newer versions won't work, btw. Needs to be 2008 (I think) or earlier.

Regards,
+EP+

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

ElderProphet wrote:
Yep and yep. Details are here:
http://www.twxscripts.com/building-twx

Great! Cool site, I appreciate the "attempt to save interested developers a
considerable amount of trouble"...

edit:
It compiled! Nice work!

One thing I had to do in addition to your instructions was create a 'DCU' folder parallel to the builds folder.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:44 am
Profile ICQ
Ensign

How can I suggest a commit using svn? On the guest account I don't have the ability to "commit" but that's not really what I want to do anyway... Just want to upload suggested commits for review.

(Edit: What I might do is start a fork of the project on github, just to track my changes for eventual potential merge with your master on svn.)

For example a really easy one is the version number in help -> about; for some reason it says "vversion.dll" (same in 2.04), which is annoying when I'm not sure how else to double check what version I'm running. In FormAbout.pas just have to change lbVersion.Caption = Version to lbVersion.Caption=Core.ProgramVersion, have to add uses Core too, unless you change it so ProgramVersion is kept in GUI or something.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 pm
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

A few ideas for new commands I have are:

A conditional break for while loops; and/or a conditional do ... while true loop.

A ternary operator (a single line Boolean check to setup a variable, or set it with a default on false).

For working with arrays, a foreach and unset.

An explode variable by delimiter, e.g., spaces, commas, semi-colons, etc.

A structured switch.

A single line for loop with automated count incremented.

A pseudo pause that activate triggers, yet continues running through the script without first requiring an exact text match be received.

A percent (%) of sum feature.

A means to set variables public (globalized throughout all included scripts) or private within each individual goto/gosub. Maybe modify setVar to include option with default to public, e.g., setVar $string private

Add day of week and month, and military time conversion, to getTime function.

Multi-line comments, e.g., /* ... */

A timestamp conversion into date or time, allowing also for specific conversions, as d for day, s for seconds, ss for seconds with leading zero, h for hours, yy and yyyy for year (maybe even ssss for a stardate conversion), etc.

TWX Proxy Reference Online

Last edited by Adept on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:39 am
Profile ICQ
Ambassador

Astrochimp wrote:
How can I suggest a commit using svn? On the guest account I don't have the ability to "commit" but that's not really what I want to do anyway... Just want to upload suggested commits for review.

(Edit: What I might do is start a fork of the project on github, just to track my changes for eventual potential merge with your master on svn.)

For example a really easy one is the version number in help -> about; for some reason it says "vversion.dll" (same in 2.04), which is annoying when I'm not sure how else to double check what version I'm running. In FormAbout.pas just have to change lbVersion.Caption = Version to lbVersion.Caption=Core.ProgramVersion, have to add uses Core too, unless you change it so ProgramVersion is kept in GUI or something.

That is an older version. You can find the latest version here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34737

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Commander

Try the undocumented splitText command with TWX 2.05.73, as follows:
CMD: splitText <text> varArray {delims}
Delims are optional, and will delimit on space and tab I believe. This is clearly a beta command, so feedback is welcome.

There are currently 2 ways to sorta do global variables: SectorParameters and saveVar/loadVar.

Thanks for the other suggestions.
+EP+

Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Chief Warrant Officer

Here is another one, which I am surprised is not already included: SECTOR.AVOIDED[sector] (0/1) -- which from my understanding the current TWX avoid commands are for database manipulation only and not impacted by literal CV game avoids as set in the game by the player, to wit could be the purpose of this one.

ETA:

It would be a great addition to have a full values line of:

PLAYER.* SHIP.* and PLANET.* that is updated from last views and game catalogs. Covering everything from player corp, experience, alignment, credits; shipboard equipment, odds, TPW; and planet advancements, capacities and values, to the last viewed values of a specific planet, etc.

Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:30 am
Profile ICQ
Chief Warrant Officer

I have been unable to get splitText to work, it returns unknown command.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:57 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next