View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 EP's Fig & Shield Price Script? 
Commander

Unread post Re: EP's Fig & Shield Price Script?
I believe I've figured out the needed change. I'll continue testing, and post an update next week.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Sounds good EP, thanks. Just curious, did JP make a change in Version 2 that messed things up for the formula? Just wondering if he was putting in an "Easter Egg" or whatever you call it for someone to discover lol

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 pm
Commander

Yes, it seems that way. Previously, the zero day was 12/31/1987, so the time since that day was the basis for the sine and cosine formulas. And because of the 12-year disparity between real dates and game dates, that zero day would equate to 12/31/1999 for the in-game date.

This is now changed and the zero day appears to be 12/31/1999 (12/31/2027 in-game with the new 28-year disparity), so the sine and cosine functions are based on the elapsed time since this new date. Again, I haven't performed extensive tests yet, but I assert that this is the case. I've updated the spreadsheet, and it is attached. I've updated the file format to xlsx, and updated the chart to look a little sharper.

+EP+
Attachment:
EP_HFS_v2.jpg
EP_HFS_v2.jpg [ 48.95 KiB | Viewed 5999 times ]

Attachments:
EP_HFS_Price_Chart_v2.zip [19.66 KiB]
Downloaded 733 times

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Great work EP, I see you already added the 'twice' to your sig about cracking the fig and shield price formula, which I was going to suggest :lol: Thanks for the work you put in doing this again and 'finding the Easter Egg' or however one might want to put it.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 am
Chief Warrant Officer

SteveH_66 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
I wonder if that spreadsheet needs updated now that JP changed how TW displays the year. Humm....

Cruncher, I think you may be right. I pulled up the spreadsheet and it's showing that fig prices should be 223.0234784 for today, and shield prices should be 126.9765216 for today.

In my local game, it's showing fig prices at 234 and shield prices at 115. Hmmm.

Are prices really rounded only on-screen?

I bought holds, fighters and shields a couple of times, and calculated exactly how many credits I needed.

I was consistently off by a credit, +/-.

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:36 am
Commander

Yes, actual fractional prices are used but not visible. Use the formula or spreadsheet if you want the precision, otherwise round accordingly :)

+EP+

Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2