View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Unlim Bubble Building Script Pack 
Ambassador

Unread post Unlim Bubble Building Script Pack
Created a menu and got all the pieces working inside. Still need to polish the menu and consolidate the shared variables.

Attachment:
Bubble_Builderv094.zip [18.05 KiB]
Downloaded 407 times

Use at your own risk.

This set of scripts is based on some snippets LS gave me to help in building bubbles in an Unlimited game.

Use at your own risk. These scripts need safeties added, be careful. Let us know how you blow yourself up.

Thanks are totally due to LS for his work and direction.

There are 5 scripts in the bubble builder.

To use these scripts the following are required:
1. A list of bubble sectors. This is used by _1_find_bubble.ts to sort the list in a top down format, find the sxx and bxxx ports and create the lists for upgrading the sxx ports and blowing the bxx ports

I use swath for this but if you can create a top down list of bubble sectors in some other way then go to

2. A lot of cash for the port upgrade script. There are 2, one for upping all the Sxx ports and one for upping just the fuel

3. A Planet with plenty of figs, fuel, org, and equ. You can use this planet for upgrading ports, blowing ports and making ports

4. Remember that you need to blow the ports before extern on one day and create the new ports after extern.

5. A twarp capable ship with at least 200 holds and it should hold a good amount of gtorps for the make port script.

6. All of these scripts should be run from the cit prompt and the swath light bulb should be off.

7. Right now you need to have a commission to run the port maker.

The Scripts
1. _1__find_bubble_ports.ts
This script actually does 3 things. 1) Change the swath bubble list into a topdown list. 2) finds all of the sss, sbs, ssb, and sbb ports in the bubble. 3) finds all the bbb, bsb, bbs, and bss ports in the bubble. It uses the __123.txt file to create to create the __321.txt (the topdown sector list), __sxx.txt (the fuel seller's list) , and __bxx.txt (the fuel buyer's list)

2a. _2__up.ts This script upgrades all of the sxx ports in the bubble and uses the __sxx.txt file: All fuel sellers, all fuel sellers and org buyers and all fuel sellers and equ buyers. As it goes around upgrading the fuel ports it will buydown fuel using the mombot's buy f command. You need plenty of cash for this!!!!

2b. _2__upFuelOnly.ts This script upgrades all of the sxx ports in the bubble but only the fuel portion. As it goes around upgrading the fuel ports it will buydown fuel using the mombot's buy f command. You need plenty of cash for this!!!!

3. _3__blowports.ts This script will pwarp from sector to sector killing ports on the __bxx.txt list, have plenty of fuel and figs on the planet.

4. _4__emptysectors.ts
This script creates a __make.txt list of empty sectors (ie no ports) from the __321.txt. Make sure you run a cim before running this script.

5. _5__makeports.ts This script uses the __make.txt list of empty sectors and pwarps to each one, creating a planet, moving fuel org and equ to the new planet, creates an SBB Port with the name 'SBB Port $sector' It will refurb gentorps and shields at dock. It will run until all the empty sectors are filled with ports or it hits 250 ports/planets created and then returns to the starting sector. If you have more than 250 empty sectors, then once it returns to the starting sector, do a cim to update twx port info, run the empty sectors script again, then the makeport script. Continue until you have 0 empty sectors.

How I used these scripts and what still needs to be done.
1. I get a ztm and find the bubbles with the swath bubble finder.

2. Create __123.txt and run _1__find_bubble_ports.ts to create __321.txt, __sxx.txt and __bxx.txt

3. Use __321.txt and Rammar's Blast-Path to fig the bubble completely.

4. Do a warp and port cim to update TWX. THen run _1__find_bubble_ports.ts again to update the __sxx.txt and __bxx.txt

5. Run the rest as needed. Have been waiting until 30 mins before extern to run the _3__blowports.ts script so I can come back after extern and run the _5__makeports.ts script.

What still needs to be done:
1. Dock check for the make port script.

***2. Set the file names used (__321.txt, __sxx.txt, __bxx.txt, __make.txt, __made.txt) reflect the game in which they are being played. Done

3. Better documentation. :)

Helix

Attachments:
Bubble_Builderv093.zip [4.92 KiB]
Downloaded 402 times

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Last edited by Helix on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Unread post Re: Unlim Bubble Building Script Pack
Someone just pointed out that you need to be blue to run the makeport script as it tries to twarp directly to SD.

Things to be added:
1. A check to see if Dock is blown
2. Adj warp for dock if you are red. (probably use LS/s routine from his planet creations script or from the dock shopper)
***3. Save the files with the game name + file name. (Done)
4. Better documentation. (I am sure as I built these up I made certain assumptions that I didnt pass on in the txt file, ie I was always a Blue player with a commish)

H

Last edited by Helix on Wed May 16, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Updated to v0.91 - Added Gamename to the file names used in the script. The file name you used for the swath bubble sector info (the very first file) must still be __123.txt. All the other files created by the script adds __Gamename to the file names used.

H

Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Consolidated the parts of the bubble builder in a single file with a menu.
v0.93. See the top post for the zip.

Need to consolidate the variables and clean the code. Also need to create a module that will clean up the junk planets and blow them after the ports are built.

H

Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

Here is v0.94 of the Bubble Building Script (the update is in the first post)

Minor updates. Still havent got the red dock refurb in it yet so if you make ports you need to be blue and if you blow the planets after the ports are built you need to be blue.

H

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Civilian

A nice safeguard would be to check if the sector has a blown port before trying to dock.
You would hit this condition if you were missing a fighter in a sector you were trying to pwarp to while blowing up ports.
Would be nice to check how many credits you have at start time, and calculate how many will be needed to up the ports.

Thanks - great set of scripts.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]