View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Weapon M 
Boo! inc.

Unread post Weapon M
Hey mongoose

I was wondering if you had any more api documents written up at all. I'm probably one of the more curious players around right now interested in what you have going on with your helper since I play on a mac. Not a lot to use in the way of helpers for a mac without emulating windows programs.

I read through all your documents you have put up so far and eagerly await more. I also sit and wonder if you are going to force dialogs for parameters or whether you will have a load command to load a script with an array of parameters such as main usually has in programs. As it is right now, i don't see that implemented at all in what I see. I thought maybe init would have parameters passed in.

I also am wondering if you are going to implement a twx style like menu system as well. one that you don't have to use dialogs. that way people don't have to jump to their mouse.

I suppose i'm just waiting to see more.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 am
Commander

Unread post Re: Weapon M
I've generated javadoc for the script and database API, but I'm treating it as part of the project and sharing it only with the backers until the public release on Dec. 31.

If a script registers parameters in its initScript() method, they will be displayed in a dialog. It's on my wish list to create a script options system so you can configure a script once and have it use those settings automatically. But it would already be possible to simulate that. A script could load its configuration from a file, Java properties, or database notes, and only register parameters for the dialog if no configuration is available.

And classes that are intended to be called by other scripts probably shouldn't be scripts themselves. The BreathFirstSearch class included in the API is an example. If the callable class needs to access the database, terminal, or network, the calling script would pass itself as a parameter.

I'm not planning a text menu, but I'm keeping everything accessible to the keyboard as much as possible. And I'm going to implement your suggestion of letting the user bind scripts to hotkeys. I'm thinking F5-F12, or maybe the whole F1-F12.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:34 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Weapon M
I'm going through all my bookmarked bug reports and feature suggestions and putting them in Mantis.

FYI, complete javadoc is now available in my Maven repo on chalcodes.com.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]