View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 I'm Having Trouble Moving SWATH Across Platforms 
Civilian

Unread post I'm Having Trouble Moving SWATH Across Platforms
I have been running SWATH using Wine on my Mac but it's always been buggy. I got Windows 7 and am running it via Bootcamp.

I'm not sure what is going on. I moved the registration from my Mac to Windows and that's when the trouble began.

Every time I open it, I get a message saying that it is "registered to me"

When I click OK, I'm told that it is in evaluation mode and I have 30 days to register.

When I click OK to that I get a message saying "the current key has been locked to a different machine. Please, contact support@swath.net for a new key.

When I click OK to that I get a message from SWATH saying that I have an invalid hardware license. Then the program goes grey, and I get a message saying "SWATH has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I only have the option of closing the program.

I have done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls and I get the same message every time.

I e-mailed SWATH and have a new license, but it isn't doing any good because I cannot do anything in SWATH except for open it and acknowledge that it needs to shut down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:48 pm
Boo! inc.

Unread post Re: I'm Having Trouble Moving SWATH Across Platforms
just a guess.

try running swathreg.exe instead of swath.exe to input your registration information.

then load swath afterwards.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 am
Ambassador

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
I have been running SWATH using Wine on my Mac but it's always been buggy. I got Windows 7 and am running it via Bootcamp.

I'm not sure what is going on. I moved the registration from my Mac to Windows and that's when the trouble began.

Every time I open it, I get a message saying that it is "registered to me"

When I click OK, I'm told that it is in evaluation mode and I have 30 days to register.

When I click OK to that I get a message saying "the current key has been locked to a different machine. Please, contact support@swath.net for a new key.

When I click OK to that I get a message from SWATH saying that I have an invalid hardware license. Then the program goes grey, and I get a message saying "SWATH has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I only have the option of closing the program.

I have done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls and I get the same message every time.

I e-mailed SWATH and have a new license, but it isn't doing any good because I cannot do anything in SWATH except for open it and acknowledge that it needs to shut down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reinstall it on the root of your C: drive.

C:\TW2002\SWATH for example.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 am
Profile WWW
Civilian

Thanks so much for the quick advice! I opened the license with SWATH first and that got it going.

Thanks for helping me out.

I can't wait to use this new information to destroy you on out in the field. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am
Commander

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
Thanks so much for the quick advice! I opened the license with SWATH first and that got it going.

Thanks for helping me out.

I can't wait to use this new information to destroy you on out in the field. BWAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Hardly..... ;-)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]