View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I hate the Ferrengi! 
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post I hate the Ferrengi!
I guess that I am playing TradeWars instead of World of Warcraft. The last TW game that I played actively went down, I could not find another server that I liked (without someone else already in control), so I played on my own server, just trying to figure out starting scripts before watching them fail me on a real server. That was not going well, so I played WoW instead, but I am working on another Bachelor's, and I hardly have any time to play. I honestly would rather have a 'bot play WoW for me. I could keep an eye on it, while I studied, but I started playing TW again because most players do not mind some level of automation, although watching SWATH pair-port-trade is less interesting.

I found a server, but the Terra colonist regeneration rate is terribly low and the ports do not seem to be regenerating at all. I completely upgraded a few and after a few days, traded one equipment and one organic from each, hoping to fix them.

I avoided Class 9 port sectors and made a simple script that went from every sector from 11-30,000, trying to trade in every sector, whether or not it there was a port. It was brutally ugly, but I made a bunch of money.

Strangely, it never visited many sectors, which completely confused me.

I then alternated between e-probing and world trading until I finally hit 100%. I have always wanted to avoid Ferrengi, but when a few came for me, I destroyed them, and took Ferrengal.

I have all of the colonists in the galaxy on one planet. I guess that I need to shift my colonists around and start building people-less planets, because at least I can purchase fuel and fighters, but I just had SWATH world trade until a Ferrengi interrupted the script, taking out one of my fighters. I wrote a macro to lay down a fighter and proceed to the next sector, with this result:

Stop in this sector (Y,N,E,I,R,S,D,P,?) (?=Help) [N] ? Y

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[15322] (?=Help)? : F
<Drop/Take Fighters>

How many fighters do you want defending this sector? 1
Should they be (D)efensive, (O)ffensive or Charge a (T)oll ? T
Done. You have 49,998 fighter(s) in close support.

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[15322] (?=Help)? : 29054
<Move>
Option? (A,D,I,R,P,S,?):? S
You still have some fighters left!

Are you sure you want to surrender? Yes
With no alternative, you shut down your ship's defense systems...

Command [TL=00:00:00]:[15322] (?=Help)? : F
<Drop/Take Fighters>

How many fighters do you want defending this sector? 1
Should they be (D)efensive, (O)ffensive or Charge a (T)oll ? T
Done. You have 1 fighter(s) in close support.

It surrendered my ship and then dropped a toll fighter from an escape pod!

So, I bought a new Starship, and blew up another Ferrengi.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 am
Gunnery Sergeant

Unread post Re: I hate the Ferrengi!
Done that before. Careful with that single-warp command. Friendly-ish building game on ice9-tw.com:2002 started ~10 days ago. Try pirates game I or generic building game U. There should be enough people online to help you out or distract you from your studies.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 pm
Chief Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: I hate the Ferrengi!
I have not seen any Ferrengi in two days. I hoped they would stop spawning when I captured Ferrengal, although it seemed to take a few days. I had just made note of where he spawned and, to the best of my ability, where, planning on leaving as many offensive fighters as I could if it was always the same sector, but I guess that was the last time!

I actually wanted more Ferrengi ships!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]