View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 comment code questions 
Ensign

Unread post comment code questions
I remember that # is used for a single line comment.

After doing a search on comment, I saw that // appears to be how to do a comment on the same line as some actual code if placed after the actual code, am I understanding correctly? If not, I would appreciate any clarification someone can give me.

I seem to remember there is a way to do mark the beginning and end of a multi-line comment, is this correct? Is it /* to start and */ to end the multi-line comment? If not and if there is a way to make a comment you believe is going to span multiple lines, i would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the characters are for the beginning and end of the multi-line code.

Thanks

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm
Ambassador

Unread post Re: comment code questions
SteveH_66 wrote:

After doing a search on comment, I saw that // appears to be how to do a comment on the same line as some actual code if placed after the actual code, am I understanding correctly? If not, I would appreciate any clarification someone can give me.

I seem to remember there is a way to do mark the beginning and end of a multi-line comment, is this correct? Is it /* to start and */ to end the multi-line comment? If not and if there is a way to make a comment you believe is going to span multiple lines, i would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the characters are for the beginning and end of the multi-line code.

Thanks

That is correct for Telix, dunno TWX.

EDIT:

Will not work for Qmodem or REXX (ZOC), although I think the /* followed by */ at the end of multiline comments works in ZOC.

Telix SALT is more or less C, which might be why a general search brought up what you found.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:39 am
Ensign

Thanks Kav, I was referring to TWX Proxy in particular. Sorry about not mentioning that specifically in the OP folks, my bad :oops:

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 pm
Lieutenant Commander

iirc the # was the only way to put in a rem.
There was discussion about adding the // same line rem,
but i don't think it is active yet.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ensign

Hey Crosby, thanks for doing that test script you did in the other post, but it does appear that the in-line rem function is working, I did a test and this following code works, or at least i didn't get any error messages from it, although it is an extremely simple script. It did a sector display which was all of the code in the script, and as you can see I have a // rem on that line. I'm going to continue watching the other post, hopefully anyone with further info to add will weigh in there. Thanks

Code:

# Comments test

:comment1
send "*" // This should do a display of the sector

halt

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:08 pm
Lieutenant Commander

It is entirely possible that the newer version of twx that
works w/ windows 7 has the new in line rem function. I still
crawl along w/ windows XP.

If you got it to work, good on ya! I was just showing how
to test if it worked...

Quote:
I'm going to continue watching the other post, hopefully anyone with further info to add will weigh in there.

I'm watching too, I learn new stuff all the time...

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ensign

Crosby you were thinking on your feet better than I was in this case, and from what I've seen in your past posts, you seem to be a better scripter than I :) But as you said in the last post, this seems to be like anything else in life, a good learning opportunity.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm
Ensign

SteveH_66 wrote:
If not and if there is a way to make a comment you believe is going to span multiple lines, i would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the characters are for the beginning and end of the multi-line code.

If the main reason you want this is because it's a pain to add the # manually to the beginning of each line, well if you are using Notepad++ and you have defined # as a Open line comment, you can toggle the comments on multiple selected lines using Ctrl+Q.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:41 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]