View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Z-Bot - The Beast Under The Hood 
Immortal Op

Unread post Z-Bot - The Beast Under The Hood
Z-Bot: The Beast Under The Hood.
--------------------------------
Z-Bot is almost 3 years in development now. It has seen many revisions and has come a long way.
The code for just the Z-Bot script alone is now over 30,000 lines, as reported by the TWX Compiler.
Many, many hours have been spent testing and revising, improving and enhancing... Z-Bot is a mature script.
It was borne from my exposure to both the MomBot and the KraakenBot. Both have been a large influence on Z-Bot. I have tried to stay reasonably compatible with both.

Z-Bot is primarily a Control Interface between you and Tradewars. It's meant to make small work of the more mundane aspects of the game for you.
Remote botting is important and well taken care of too. But that is just one of the many features of this interface, that can be turned on or off at the user's discretion.

The Z-Bot and its companion scripts have been compared favourably with other bots by those who have spent some time using it.
I have thoroughly enjoyed both writing and using the Z-Bot. I am sure you will love it too, once you get to know it a little. :-)

With that in mind, I thought I would take a moment to point out a few of the many features available with Z-bot.

* First of all. Z-Bot has around 150 INTERNAL bot commands. Thats like 150 scripts all running simultaneously, ready to roll IMMEDIATELY. NO LOADTIME. AND I am STILL adding to it!
    Commands for fighting, gridding, cashing, defending, organising, planning, building, automating...
    Each and EVERY command has built in HELP and instructions on how to use them.
    The help system is quite extensive and I have streamlined installation to make getting started much easier.

* You can add your own (or somebody elses) bottable scripts to the bot. As many as you like! Your 150 commands can become thousands!
    ANY internal command in the Z-Bot can be easily OVERRIDDEN by your own external script.
    Some external scripts that came with the ZedPack have already been added to Z-Bot for you. Use >help xtra to see a list of them.
    EVERYTHING IS CUSTOMISABLE! EVERYTHING !! Make Z-Bot your own custom "swiss army knife" tool..

* Around 30 HOTKEYS to do things FAST! You can change the keys to your own preference. AND you can add MORE!
    You can link many INTERNAL and EXTERNAL bot commands to a hotkey of your choice.

* Standalone Scripts aren't forgotten either. A fully customisable, completely unlimited, and very flexible menu system resides in wait to bring ALL your scripts to within easy reach, with only a few keystrokes.

* Botting. You will find Z-Bot a joy to control remotely. Reliable, intuitive, communicative. All commands can be sent via subspace or private message channels. Many safeguards help to keep your bot secure, awake, and ever ready to respond.

* An on-the-fly AUTOMATION system allows you to automate those things that aren't yet scripted. Trigger or Time based, including Top of the Hour.

* The MOVEMENT System. The Z-Bot's "crown jewel". Z-Bot was built around a VERY powerful movement system that allows you to mow, charge, twarp, and even blindwarp, around the universe safely (maybe not so safe with blindwarp), and comfortably.
    One keytap brings up a "common-to-all" movement interface that shows you shortcuts for special ports, like D for STARDOCK (no need to remember its sector number, or Rylos etc), and many ARRIVAL options such as port or land fast, surround or capture. A few key taps can see you at your destination without regard for fuel or figged sectors. The Bot takes care of it all.
    Even a red can TWarp to, and dock at, STARDOCK - simply by typing }dp and pressing ENTER. If there is a figged adjacent, Z-Bot will find it and use it. That goes for ANY sector you Twarp to.

* Z-Bot COMMUNICATES with many of its supporting scripts. Sharing information gathered as you plan the annihilation of your enemies. This information gathering is continually happening unseen in the background. So that when it's time to attack, you WILL be ready.

* FigMon! A MUST for keeping your Z-bot system in the know with up-to-date fighter deployment, busted ports, and other critical information all monitored in real-time and fed to the Z-Bot as needed.

* Planet Driver! ALL of your bubble's planetary farming/cashing needs taken care of. Sell/buy/move commodities and figs. Upgrade, neg, buydown, rob ports. All this for the planet you are driving, and/or for the planets in each sector in your list.

* SectorLister! ALL of your list needs and those of your other scripts are dealt with here. Find sectors in the universe, or from an existing list, based on a WIDE variety of criteria. Includes sorting for turn/fuel saving, and combining lists, and weeding out the duplicate entries.

* CUSTOMISABLE. Did I mention that EVERYTHING is customisable? Many important options are available for change in the Z-Bot's built-in Options Menus. The rest can be customised through the configuration files.

* It's FREE. Abolutely free, no strings attached. I simply enjoy programming for Tradewars.

There are many more features.. too many to cover here.
Even though Z-Bot is a large, complex script, you only need learn as much as you need right now, the rest will come through curiosity, and the mother of all invention, necessity.
I hope you will take a look for yourself, and discover the Beast, under the Hood ;-)

Look forward to another new release of Z-Bot in the near future.
Regards Archy.

PS. One day I WILL release the source. But we aren't ready for that yet.

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile ICQ
Gameop

Unread post Re: Z-Bot - The Beast Under The Hood
Great work on your Bot Archy. I have tried to use it but I am stuck with mombot (I'm a little biased too lol) I do use a few of your standalone scripts in my bot though. I do like the fact that I can interchange them inside my bot structure.

I definitely understand the complexity of the source code. At one time Mombot was close to 150k lines of code before we switched over the modular bot. Hats off to you for the continued support of your project.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:28 am
Profile ICQ
Gameop

One thing. Have you thought about moving all of your scripts to a sub directory of the scripts folder. That is one of the things i didn't like because it clutters up my main script directory.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
Great work on your Bot Archy. I have tried to use it but I am stuck with mombot (I'm a little biased too lol) I do use a few of your standalone scripts in my bot though. I do like the fact that I can interchange them inside my bot structure.

I definitely understand the complexity of the source code. At one time Mombot was close to 150k lines of code before we switched over the modular bot. Hats off to you for the continued support of your project.

Thanks very much Bounty, and I understand your bias. Mombot is a great script which, in my opinion, blazed the trail and has helped in a big way to keep TW alive, my hat goes off to you mate :)

The Bounty Hunter wrote:
One thing. Have you thought about moving all of your scripts to a sub directory of the scripts folder. That is one of the things i didn't like because it clutters up my main script directory.

I have aimed to keep it simple (as best I can) especially with installation.
I may look at a config option to bury them deeper if the user wishes.. i'll put it on my list lol. Thanks :)

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:56 pm
Profile ICQ
Lieutenant

Wow.
If I wasnt done playing before I am now lol

Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]