View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot version 2 
Immortal Op

Unread post Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot version 2
Here is the latest ZedPack release.
Many scripts have had fixes and improvements. There are some new scripts included as well.

The Z-Bot has had some major work done with it this time.
There are new commands and features, many, many fixes and improvements, and more help.

Some of the major improvements are :
    * The Smart Passive Gridder (built into the bot as the new SPG command).
    * The new Ship Capping system - complete with integrated ship stats, Alien ship stats collection, and Gbonus files. The ship capper is implemented as a HOTKEY, the CAP bot command, the CITCAP bot command, the CAP option of the PDROP command, and the CAP option in the movement system.
    * An improved CITADEL SIEGE menu.
    New commands to handle BANKING.
    * A system for sending and receiving pre-approved files (lists etc) over subspace.
    * Much more...

Version 2 Changelog.
    * FIXED Automate System Load Snapshot option reporting it loaded a file when it didn't.
    * ADDED Photons launched report to the news.
    * CHANGED ONLINE WATCH, FED WATCH and the TURNS command now use SubSpace if Self Botted.
    * FIXED INFO PANEL crashes.
    * ADDED the BANK command for handling Galactic Bank transactions.
    * FIXED the Z-Bot not shutting down with a sysop initiated server shutdown.
    * FIXED # key not working when bot is not in GENERAL or SENTRY mode.
    * ADDED CHARGER now drops a fig at destination.
    * ADDED G parameter to MODE command to reset the mode to GENERAL.
    * FIXED Z-Bot doing a [C;] at the beginning of every TWARP in a turn game.
    * ADDED TWARP drops a fig at the destination if it had to move in from an adjacent and it's not fedspace.
    * ADDED the MAIN PLANET option to the Bot Options Menu. Many commands will use this if no planet is specified.
    * ADDED MCICs to the CREEPER display.
    * ADDED the [.] key to CREEPER mode to allow for a drop to the command prompt so you can interact with the game.
    * ADDED "D" type to Standalone Menus to allow for DAEMON scripts (run in the background).
    * ADDED If a SHUTDOWN is imminent within 1 minute, and if you are at your BASE sector and your MAIN PLANET is in sector, Z-Bot will LAND, PRETAX, and RETIRE you.
    * ADDED CLV option for ONLINE WATCH to report experience, alignment, and corp changes.
    * ADDED an ECHO when ONLINE WATCH is on.
    * FIXED SERVER SHUTDOWN/DISCONNECTION routines not disconnecting/reconnecting correctly.
    * ADDED LIMPET ACTIVATION warning (someone hits your limp). The warning is tied to `Limp Alarm' and `Alert on SS' settings in the Bot Settings. Also gives adjacents.
    * FIXED GAMESETTINGS command not saving GAMESETTINGS file.
    * ADDED ability to configure time between ONLINE WATCH checks.
    * ADDED the LEAVE command to send the bot to the T menu for x seconds.
    * ADDED Z-Bot stores CKs GAME SETTINGS as per the settings in the Bot Options Menu.
    * ADDED the TAG alert for when a corpy scrubs at your scrubzone. (Must have Limp Alarm On - and preferably Alert on SS)
    * ADDED MAX Bank Balance to the GAME INFO display and the Panel.
    * ADDED the DELIVER command to pickup and deliver a ship using TWarp.
    * ADDED a trigger for PHOTON DAMAGE to the TWARP system.
    * ADDED the PLANET command for setting the Main Planet.
    * ADDED the HERALDTURNS command to allow remote control of the HERALD TURNS setting.
    * ADDED HOURLY and TOP OF THE HOUR triggers to the AUTOMATE system.
    * FIXED LIMPET ALARM not turning off when scrubbed.
    * ADDED the COLO WATCH HOTKEY to OPEN and CLOSE the new Z-Watch script. A colonist watch/calculator window. - add the following to the z-options.cfg file under KEY ASSIGNMENTS: WATCHKEY: Z
    * ADDED the GAS command now searches the current planet for fuel if you are on one. Will also use the MAIN planet if you are in the base sector.
    * FIXED bot crash on sudden disconnection (i hope)
    * ADDED the OVERRIDE option to the HELP command to display a list of internal command overrides. Overrides are also marked on the lists with an asterisk.
    * ADDED the ZBOT ON subspace command to Terrakit.
    * ADDED RESCUE AVAILABILITY STATUS to the STATUS screen.
    * ADDED LANDING functionality to the xport P option.
    * FIXED Z-COLONISER dumping colonists when first run to clear holds.
    * FIXED Z-RESCUE not answering CALLSAVEME by CK and perhaps some others.
    * FIXED Z-FIGMON not responding to remote commands if your user name is the same as your bot name.
    * FIXED EXIT command retiring you in the citadel instead of jumping to sector.
    * ADDED the COMPILE command to create a list of upgraded ports.
    * FIXED JUMPLIST system not allowing extra information on each sector line in the JumpList file.
    * ADDED MINIMUM TURNS and MINIMUM FIGS to conserve in the Bot Options menu.
    * ADDED the SPG (Smart Passive Gridder) command.
    * ADDED in FIGMON now creates a GAMENAME_TEMPHITS.txt file of fighits since FigMon loaded.
    * ADDED newly created z-options.cfg files will now contain an alias for RESCUE as SAVEME.
    * FIXED Hotkeys interfering when creating corp.
    * ADDED the SENDFILE, GETFILE, and LIST commands for sending pre-approved list files over subspace.
    * FIXED SCAN command now returns you to the planet if you started there.
    * ADDED the ability to edit the MINIMUM TURNS option using the TURNS command.
    * FIXED NEWS command not showing destroyed ports.
    * ADDED NEWS command now outputs to GAMENAME_NEWS.txt. (Backs up to GAMENAME_NEWS-backup.txt)
    * FIXED BUY and NEG commands return you to the Citadel if that is where you started.
    * ADDED a FAST callsaveme alternative to the Bot Options Menu.
    * ADDED TURN HERALD now has messages and smilies (Z-Herald.cfg and Z-Smilies.cfg)
    * FIXED TIMECHECK erroneous display.
    * ADDED Both FS (Figs and Shields) option to the Xfer Hotkey. Also remembers settings between uses.
    * ADDED a FAST XFER hotkey. - add the following to the z-options.cfg file under KEY ASSIGNMENTS: FASTXFERKEY: DOT
    * ADDED XFER now works from the planet. Returning and refilling on the planet.
    * FIXED REFILL now returns you to the Citadel prompt if thats where you started.
    * CHANGED the Bot Options menu has been divided into multiple pages.
    * ADDED additional options, fixes and improvements to the CITADEL Menu.
    * ADDED PLIMPS and CLIMPS commands - swapped functions with PLIMP and CLIMP so that the former are putting down max limps, the latter only 1 limp.
    * ADDED cfg files and log files for the ZedPack now listed in the HELP CONFIG screen.
    * FIXED the MOVEMENT system now turns TWARP ON if it is off when you try to TWARP.
    * FIXED EVACUATE command hanging with empty planets.
    * FIXED Hotkeys interfering with the ship selection menu.
    * ADDED an option to the Bot Options menu to send Self Bot output to SS.
    * CHANGED RESET/PRETAX and UNLOCK now take place as soon as a SERVER RESET is announced.
    * ADDED the ASSETS command to view a Corporate Situation Report.
    * ADDED the MOTTO: entry to the z-options file for a corporate motto (shown on the ASSETS screen).
    * CHANGED last command always sorted to top in HISTORY.
    * CHANGED ALL HOTKEYS go off when not in general or command mode with the exception of Bot On/Off, Self Bot, and the Citadel Menu hotkeys.
    * CHANGED - combined the CREEPER and CITMENU KEYS to the CITMENU KEY. The Default SHIP CAP KEY is now C. The P key is now spare. The CREEPERKEY is no longer used. - Remove the CREEPERKEY: entry from your z-options.cfg file.
    * ADDED TURN MAXED OUT warnings every 15 minutes if HERALD TURNS is on and Z-Bot is not busy.
    * ADDED the new Z-CommsGuard SCRIPT. This will take over responsibility from Z-Bot for keeping the comms alive. Also has the BOTNAME FINAL_PROTOCOL option over SS to KILL all scripts and reconnect.
    * CHANGED SHIPS command without a range specified now just displays all ships (faster).
    * CHANGED now using an edited version of CK BUYDOWN. z_ck_buydown is intended to stop the occasional hangup due to rounding errors between different versions of TWX.
    * CHANGED if you use BUY to buy ore for speed and nothing else, OREUP will be used.
    * ADDED a TIMEOUT (5 mins) to the Bot Options Menu.
    * ADDED the internal SHIPSTATS system with gbonus-ships and automatic collection of alien ship stats. Remove the SHIPSTATS: entry from the z-options.cfg file.
    * ADDED the SHIPCAP System. The CAP key and the movement system C option now utilise this. The old C option has been relocated to Z for Buzz. - REMOVE the SHIPCAP: entry in your z-options.cfg file.
    * ADDED CAP option to PDROP and PRELOCK.
    * ADDED the CITCAP command.
    * ADDED the CAP command to cap a ship in sector.
    * FIXED the echoes in PDROP, CITKILL, EVAC, and CITCAP will not repeatedly display with the pulse.
    * ADDED the H option to the movement system as a shortcut to the last fighit sector.
    * CHANGED backed up files are now timestamped to avoid the need to delete backups.
    * ADDED an alert to PDROP. The pdropalert.wav file will be played after the attack if the ALERT parameter is specified.
    * ADDED a HOTKEY to set the MAIN PLANET. - add the following to the z-options.cfg file under KEY ASSIGNMENTS: SETPLANETKEY: P
    * ADDED z2_worldtrade.cts is an edited version of 2_worldtrade that has settings set and the menu bypassed making it bottable.
    * CHANGED the motto entry to a config file with multiple mottos. Remove the MOTTO: entry from z-options.cfg if you have one. Z-Bot will create your z-mottos.cfg which you can edit.
    * ADDED - The <Underground> prompt is now recognised by the movement system and many commands, allowing them to be run without previously changing prompts.

As usual the Zed-Pack is available at my website here.
You can also get it from my TeamSpeak server in the TradeWars channel. I can often be found there and you are welcome to visit me to ask questions or get help.
Please report any errors asap for quick repairs.
Good hunting.

EDIT: ERROR with edits that only have 1 page of ships, endless loop. FIXED.
I am attaching the fixed Z-Bot in a zip to this post.

Attachments:
File comment: Z-Bot 2.01a - Bug Fix
z-bot.zip [436.16 KiB]
Downloaded 653 times

Teamspeak3: 60.242.57.40:9987
Z-Bot does my dirty work!

Last edited by Archy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Ensign

Unread post Re: Zed-Pack NEW RELEASE includes Z-Bot version 2
Really nice work, Archy. I guess this is my main bot now; I'm much more familiar with mombot, but there are some critical features of z-bot that make it much nicer, and I can still use all my old scripts.

A few questions; they might have very quick answers, I probably just don't know the bot well enough yet:
- I can't find a holokill, and mombot's is integrated so it's not easy to add one. Am I just not seeing it, or is this something you haven't added yet, or do you have a recommendation? One feature that might be cool if it's not already there would be the ability to holokill and/or holocap automatically after reaching destinations using [ or ] or }
- I'm not sure whether it's because I'm using it wrong, but it's still hanging on me occasionally... sometimes everything stops responding, including Ctrl-Z and >, and I have to reload the bot from scratch. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with other scripts I'm running; I'll keep an eye on it and play with the script settings (daemon) when I run into trouble. But a couple times when it happened it was after I used shift-J in a sector with more than 10 ships, and then gave invalid input... this seemed to freeze z-bot.
- Occasionally, while I am trying to cap alien ships and they end up with too many shields for whatever reason (maybe more than one alien in sector), the cap script continues running, hitting an alien with 1-fig waves and there doesn't seem to be any way to stop it that I can see, short of using twx to kill z-bot.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:52 am
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

Astrochimp wrote:
Really nice work, Archy. I guess this is my main bot now; I'm much more familiar with mombot, but there are some critical features of z-bot that make it much nicer, and I can still use all my old scripts.

A few questions; they might have very quick answers, I probably just don't know the bot well enough yet:
- I can't find a holokill, and mombot's is integrated so it's not easy to add one. Am I just not seeing it, or is this something you haven't added yet, or do you have a recommendation? One feature that might be cool if it's not already there would be the ability to holokill and/or holocap automatically after reaching destinations using [ or ] or }
- I'm not sure whether it's because I'm using it wrong, but it's still hanging on me occasionally... sometimes everything stops responding, including Ctrl-Z and >, and I have to reload the bot from scratch. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with other scripts I'm running; I'll keep an eye on it and play with the script settings (daemon) when I run into trouble. But a couple times when it happened it was after I used shift-J in a sector with more than 10 ships, and then gave invalid input... this seemed to freeze z-bot.
- Occasionally, while I am trying to cap alien ships and they end up with too many shields for whatever reason (maybe more than one alien in sector), the cap script continues running, hitting an alien with 1-fig waves and there doesn't seem to be any way to stop it that I can see, short of using twx to kill z-bot.

Z-Bot doesn't have a Holokill or densitykill.. I will look at adding those soon. I hadn't used them and therefore hadn't thought of them.

When the bot sees you run another script, it stands down so as to be out of the way until it sees the script terminate. You can stop this behaviour by setting the script as a DAEMON type in the double-tap menu.
Example entry from the zp-zed.mnu file:
D SN Z-SafetyNet.ts ZeD's Safety Net
The first CHARACTER on the line can be S for SCRIPT, M for MENU, or D for DAEMON.
As you can see here it is a D so when this script runs the Z-Bot comes straight back to attention without waiting for the script to terminate.

Also, when the bot is hung like that, try CTRL-Z twice. This will turn the bot off and then back on, bringing it back to attention. This can be done remotely as well.. with the BOT ON command.
Also, the MODE G command or the RESET command should have given back control of the bot.

The SHIPCAP problem with aliens... I will put a stop key in for that situation.

The JUMPKEY problem.. I will buy up some ships and do some tests.. this should be easily fixed.

Thanks Astro for the feedback, I'll get right on it today..

EDIT:
Ok the HookTow key (SHIFT-J) seems to be working as intended. I have fixed a problem where if you enter a 0 it would hang.
Bear in mind.. this hotkey is really intended to hooktow quickly on 1 ship in sector. It was extended with a small menu to handle choosing from the first 9 ships in sector with 1 extra keystroke. If there are more ships in sector than 9, with the keystrokes needed to choose, you may as well just hit the W and choose your ship manually.
Also, the DELIVER command can hooktow a ship in a given sector and deliver it to another given sector. It may be an alternative in certain circumstances.

EDIT2:
I have added an abort key to the alien ship capper. The tilde key [~].
It needs testing but should get you out clean.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

We found a problem with SHIPSTATS in the Z-Bot where if the edit only had one page of ships, the bot would go into an endless loop reading them.
I have fixed this and attached the z-bot.cts in a zip file to the original post.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This file and others are also available for download on my teamspeak server, as they become available, for the latest fixes and features.

Changelog:

2.01a
------
    * ADDED the HOOKTOW key now puts you back on STARDOCK, ALPHA or RYLOS if thats where you started.
    * ADDED the tilde [~] key now stops an ALIEN CAP. (Useful when they have too many shields and no fighters).
    * FIXED SHIPSTATS endless loop if only 1 page of ships.

EDIT: Changed the above changelog (forgot the added abort key for the shipcapper)

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:04 pm
Profile ICQ
Immortal Op

My website, Archys Portal, has closed.
The ZedPack can no longer be downloaded from there.
It is still available for download at my TeamSpeak 3 server in the TradeWars Channel (right click on the channel and select file browser) along with the latest updates of the individual scripts.
I hope to have a new home for the ZedPack soon, I will let you know.

In the meantime I am working on the next ZedPack release.. stay tuned ;-)

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:50 am
Profile ICQ
Staff Sergeant

what program do you need to use to run this script?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Ensign

cscguy2000 wrote:
what program do you need to use to run this script?

TwxProxy is required. Version 2.04 is the most stable, I think:
http://tw2002.info/files/index.php

Post again if you have any trouble getting it running (and you probably will, if you've never used it before).

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Staff Sergeant

never have played trade wars with a helper script or anything but i can see how a mapper tool would be usefull...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Ensign

cscguy2000 wrote:
never have played trade wars with a helper script or anything but i can see how a mapper tool would be usefull...

Most people use the Swath map. Swath is one of your choices for a terminal program.

http://www.swath.net/

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:18 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]