View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Teasing you with more screenshots 
Commander

Unread post Teasing you with more screenshots
Getting close! Working on the map now. It'll have SWATH-like options (show sector 1, SD, current sector, etc.) and scripts will be able to control it. I'm thinking of putting the port type along the top and little icons to indicate fighters, planets, and mines around the bottom. Maybe also a busted icon next to the port type and color the sector number red for avoids. Whoa.

I'm not sure if I like the status panel at the bottom of the terminal. I originally put it there because I was going to attach the map to the right side and I wanted to conserve horizontal space. Should I just put it on the left side like every other helper? I ask at the risk of everyone saying yes and then my deciding to leave it where it is. :lol: I might try squeezing it into the bottom left and put a chat window on the bottom right. I just dunno! OMG. Maybe I should drink more wine.

Attachments:
getting-close.png
getting-close.png [ 270.92 KiB | Viewed 13359 times ]

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Commander

Unread post Re: Teasing you with more screenshots
Looks good!
Cannot wait to have a crack at the finished product.

Curing ignorance and terminal stupidity since 1999.

Questioning the intellectual abilities of three digit annual salary earners since 2015.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Commander

I posted a slightly updated screenshot on my project blog.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Boo! inc.

I have a huge suggestion. Push your new layout to the left, and stick a navigation octagon to the bottom right. Kind of like Johns client example. but not quite like it. I want sector numbers in them with the port type. and maybe later hotkeys associated with each sector button active. other remaining warp buttons can be faded out to show disabled.

I will add it myself if i can figure out how when and if you release your code.

it would add a quick and easy way to fly to an adjacent sector

Attachments:
File comment: copyright to EIS and John P.
JP_CommandProto.png
JP_CommandProto.png [ 510.72 KiB | Viewed 13320 times ]
Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:57 pm
Boo! inc.

oh and 8, 9 and 10 are not marked as blue for fed space

Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:32 pm
Commander

That's an interesting idea. Maybe I could put hotkeys on adjacent sectors in the map and have them be active when the map is focused.

Sectors 8, 9, and 10 are gray because they're unexplored. Maybe I'll make them a darker blue.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Boo! inc.

i just think you could use something more with the stats at the bottom in that nice categorized layout.

you could maybe include buttons that you can set scripts to. that would work for me too cause then i could set a move script to go to an adjacent sector based on the button pressed. This could be a more customizable way of accomplishing this. and a fast way for people to use a script if they don't make a bot in script.

I had another question. do you have a command that captures keys pressed? or key combinations? that way you could run a script that has hotkeys preset for yourself.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:57 pm
Commander

I'm thinking of putting a chat window to the right of the stats.

I haven't done anything with hotkeys yet. I have a key listener attached to the terminal that simply writes everything you type to the network. I need to revisit that to add Ctrl-V paste. Adding some configurable hotkeys to launch scripts is a good idea... I'll add it to the list! :D

I don't understand your last question. Are you talking about something like SWATH's quick macro recorder?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Boo! inc.

I was meaning a command to process keys typed. so that if you typed a A. you could stop it from going to the terminal at that point. You should be able to then watch for key combinations and do with it what you will if you match one.

so you could watch for a player typing ctrl - k and then say do like mombot does and fire off a kill script. of you could watch for $ and then open a menu or something for the user like twx does. in your own fashion of course. something thats quick and easy. i'm just thinking swing menus popping up all the time may get annoying unless they can easily be navigated by keys.

you could then even do something totally different at a prompt if a user pressed a for attack. it would be a way to trap keys before they get sent to the server. i can see ways to use it. but maybe its just me lol

oh and the chat window, that could work too. i kind of forgot about that.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:36 am
Ensign

Tweety wrote:
I have a huge suggestion. Push your new layout to the left, and stick a navigation octagon to the bottom right. Kind of like Johns client example. but not quite like it. I want sector numbers in them with the port type. and maybe later hotkeys associated with each sector button active. other remaining warp buttons can be faded out to show disabled.

I will add it myself if i can figure out how when and if you release your code.

it would add a quick and easy way to fly to an adjacent sector

What is the screenshot in this post, Tweety? It's just a mockup, right?

Mongoose I'm eager to try Weapon M. Looks like good work.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:22 pm
Profile ICQ
Boo! inc.

yeah, it was a JP mock up image

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 pm
Ensign

What news? Anyone using Weapon M yet?

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile ICQ
Commander

Apparently a few people are using it, because I've received bug reports. But as far as I know, nobody has released any scripts.

My day job has been sapping my coding energy... haven't done much with Weapon M in nine months. I miss working on it. I've been philosophical lately about the difference between programming as a hobby vs. as a job. I feel like a Renaissance master painting houses for a living...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ensign

Mongoose wrote:
Apparently a few people are using it, because I've received bug reports. But as far as I know, nobody has released any scripts.

My day job has been sapping my coding energy... haven't done much with Weapon M in nine months. I miss working on it. I've been philosophical lately about the difference between programming as a hobby vs. as a job. I feel like a Renaissance master painting houses for a living...

Well, I guess I'll try it tonight. It's at version 1.0, that means it's relatively stable I take it...

If I like it I might want to contribute. I've just forked the git - is that repository up to date?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:56 am
Profile ICQ
Commander

There's a 1.1-SNAPSHOT in svn with bug fixes. See http://chalcodes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapon_M

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next