View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Using TWXProxy with Linux via Wine 
Lance Corporal

Unread post Using TWXProxy with Linux via Wine
So, I'm running ubuntu linux and have been using wine to run my Swath and TWX Proxy, which has worked pretty great thus far. But my older copy of TWX is too buggy to be worth it. I downloaded the .exe for TWXProxy-205 from navhaz but I haven't been able to load it up at all using Wine. I just get the same fatal error message. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:54 pm
Boo! inc.

Unread post Re: Using TWXProxy with Linux via Wine
i don't see twx205 on navhaz. I always thought 2.05 was a version that was created to fix some new windows bugs with the roll out of windows 8. I could be wrong though.

i currently use the twx 2.04 version with wine on my mac.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:01 pm
Lance Corporal

That could be. Yeah, if you do a search for it on navhaz, it doesn't come up, but if you use the direct link to the file it does. Does 2.4 work well for you on Wine? I'm actually using 2.3 at the moment which has barely worked for me thud far (mostly runtime errors). I will try 2.4 and see if that helps ... Thanks.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:07 pm
Veteran Op

Here is the version I have used for years in Ubuntu.

Attachment:
TWX_Linux.zip [479.58 KiB]
Downloaded 792 times

Proverbs 17:28 <-- Don't know it, most should it would stop a lot of the discussions on here.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Boo! inc.

i went and updated some programs on my mac. wine being one of them. and now i can't access the menu system with a right click on the icon. It now puts it up in the top screen. i can double click which launches load a script, but i can't right click. which makes creating a database difficult and changing listening ports and what not ;)

its a common problem i've found and no real fix. at least the suggestions i tried didn't work for me. so your not alone anymore with not being able to use twx proxy properly.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm
Commander

I've posted several more recent builds of 2.05. If anyone would like to give that a try, PM me your email address and I'll send a copy your way.

+EP+

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Lance Corporal

Thanks everyone. Im sorry I haven't thanked you until now. But all the effort is appreciated. I am going to run your linux version tonight and see how it works. I've had a lot more success lately using TWX through wine, I actually think it was just some of the scripts I was running that came with the version I downloaded (although a few versions just straight up didn't work).

Anyway, I will keep you all posted as to how it goes. so far, so good though!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]