View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mapping Tool 
Staff Sergeant

Unread post Re: Mapping Tool
Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:

i found a place to host it online for free using a windows server with remote desktop access...

Nothing is truly free... I wonder what the "cost" is?

well yes and no...Amazon gives you free services for a year on new accounts and for what the twgs would use you fall withen the free alotment :) check out twgs.ripcord.biz port 23

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:05 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

cscguy2000 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:

i found a place to host it online for free using a windows server with remote desktop access...

well yes and no...Amazon gives you free services for a year on new accounts and for what the twgs would use you fall withen the free alotment :) check out twgs.ripcord.biz port 23

Yup its free , I can not get on .. so is it really free or just a joke ?

Discord @ DiverDave#8374
Vid's World Discord

Founding Member -=[Team Kraaken]=- Ka Pla

Winners of Gridwars 2010
MBN Fall Tournament 2011 winners Team Kraaken
Undisputed Champions of 2019 HHT Just for showing up!

The Oldist , Longist Running , Orginal Registered Owner of a TWGS server :
Vids World On Guam

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

cscguy2000 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:

Interesting. I did log in without a problem.

So, the first year is free, after that??

BOTE 1998 Champs: Team Fament
HHT 2015 Champs: Cloud09
Big Game 2016 Champs: Draft team
HHT 2018 Champs: Rock Stars
Big Game 2019 Champs: Draft Team

Classic Style Games Here:
telnet://crunchers-twgs.com:2002

Web page from 1990's: https://web.archive.org/web/20170103155645/http://tradewars.fament.com/Cruncher/tradewar.htm
Blog with current server info: http://cruncherstw.blogspot.com
Discord: https://discord.gg/4dja5Z8
E-mail: Cruncherstw@gmail.com
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/CrunchersTW

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:54 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Staff Sergeant

Vid Kid wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:

Yup its free , I can not get on .. so is it really free or just a joke ?

try telneting to 50.112.170.180 on port 23 if twgs.ripcord.biz dosent resolv.. i also had the server offline yesterday for about an hour when i was changing a few things around so if you tried to connect at that time you wouldnt have gotten on

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Staff Sergeant

Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
cscguy2000 wrote:

Interesting. I did log in without a problem.

So, the first year is free, after that??

Cruncher check your PM :)

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Commander

I hate babysitting. I've just deleted 3 childish posts from Big D (I make $x, I didn't ask for these changes, I'm telling on you), and 2 contentious posts from Mongoose (you're a genital, and a rumor mongor) and Comet (you're a troll, and then he sticks out his tongue). Really Comet?

Let me be clear: I won't tolerate childishness or contentiousness in the scripts forum. I will ban you if I have to delete one more of your posts. Stay on topic, and do it courteously, or post nothing. You don't think the adults here want to rant sometimes? We just opt not to. Do the same.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Commander

You can deny that they're rumors, but you can't deny that your reports are vague. I say this as a professional software developer who knows very well the difference between a good bug report and a worthless one. A report like "two new bugs related to logout" or whatever you wrote does not provide a developer with any useful information. People log in and out all the time and never experience any problems. What is the bug related to logout? What is the expected behavior and what is the actual behavior?

It would be foolish for me to even try to beta test TWGS, because it's a Windows program and I have neither access to nor any desire to ever obtain a Windows machine. I've already found and reported bugs in TWGS that turned out to be caused by running it in WINE. I don't even run a local server to test my own helper anymore.

It's true that a forum is not the greatest system for reporting bugs, but an issue tracker can be almost as much trouble as it's worth. I don't see this massive hemhorraging of players you keep talking about; the last two years are no different from the last fifteen. But if players are leaving because of bugs, they're doing a very poor job of reporting them. (Unless they're all reporting them privately, which seems unlikely.) Maybe someone who knows about all these alleged bugs could create a forum thread to aggregate them.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3