View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Anyone get this error when exiting TWXProxy? 
Ensign

Unread post Anyone get this error when exiting TWXProxy?
Quote:
Exception EAcessViolation in module TWXProxy.exe at 00004A30. Access violation at address 04404A30 in module 'TWXProxy.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFDC.

I don't get it all the time, but I do get it sometimes. Also, I noticed I get it when I forget to disconnect SWATH from TWXProxy before I disconnect TWXProxy and exit TWXProxy - but not every time I do that.

Would that be an error message for when you don't disconnect your telnet program from TWXProxy before disconnecting and exiting TWXProxy?

Thanks

Wed May 21, 2014 6:31 pm
Warrant Officer

Unread post Re: Anyone get this error when exiting TWXProxy?
Yes it does have something to do with the order in which you close Telnet and TWX. Or, so I'm told. Mine does the same thing. I believe that was fixed in TWX Proxy 2.5.73. But, there was also a change made that could break any script that checks for an anomaly. So probably better to just put up with the error message or close said programs properly.

EDIT: My apologies. I sent this before I read your other post. I guess you are running 2.5.73. I thought when I used it (twice), that I no longer got that error. Maybe I accidentally did something right.

Zoom's Team Speak3 Server @ ts3server://vs26.tserverhq.com:7214
TradeWars2002: The Basics @ http://playtwars.altervista.org

Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 pm
Ensign

Thanks Assaulter, appreciate the information about that. This can possibly help a new player out in the future if they search about the error. I know what you mean about accidentally doing something right, I hate it when I do something accidentally wrong and go blasting off across the universe and end up in my shiny new escape pod lol. But, with the new model having all those view ports, at least the view is grand as you limp back home.

Thu May 22, 2014 3:11 am
Ambassador

That bug has been around since TWX 2.02. Generally it occurs after a long script session. You can load TWX, not run a script, and exit without issue. If you load TWX, run a steal script or figging script, or coloing script and it will spit that error out almost every time.

I had to ask myself WWSGD?

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Ambassador

As a work around, I always close TWX Proxy immediately after making any changes to the configuration. You configuration changes will not be saved if you get this error.

TWGS2.20b/TW3.34: telnet://twgs.microblaster.net:2002

ICQ is Dead Jim! Join us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/zvEbArscMN

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]